Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jungle

SCS.1 New Software/Firmware Pack available

**Repost** (original Post by nem0nic on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:59 pm)

Hey Folks,

We've just about finished the new work we've done for SCS.1 and we want to make it available for you guys a little early. Let me outline what is involved and what the benefits are.

(1) New firmware for the SCS.1d - New firmware revision 1.27 completely changes the way we handle scratching and pitch changes. Scratching is MUCH more accurate and stable, feathering the platter is now a reliable way to nudge a mix, and the platter speed is now effected by the pitch slider. These changes have resulted in much better performance in Traktor. We've also fixed many bugs, including the contrast issue for the LCD displays. Please note that firmware for the SCS.1m has NOT changed and no flash is needed for it.

(2) New DaRouter software - The other end of the scratching performance is in DaRouter, and this new development enables us to deliver a much better experience. The virtual MIDI driver is also updated, and some small issues have been addressed.

(3) New Windows ASIO driver for the SCS.1m - We now have full compatibility with not only Windows 7, but Vista 64. This driver also works like a champ in XP, and all users should upgrade to the new driver. Performance is solid and stable.

(4) New Presets - We have a number of new presets for you!

TRAKTOR PRO - Brings you improved platter performance. Also added the 4 new effects to the preset and took it out of beta.

ABLETON LIVE 8 - The SCS.1m now works as an Ableton Live controller, allowing for clip and scene triggering, device control, and lots more. This preset is easy to wrap your head around as a new user, and can get DEEP for the advanced user.

GENERIC PRESETS - We've included 4 generic presets, including passthru presets for those of you that want to access the raw messaging off the controllers (great for developers).

HUI PRESET - This preset is VERY exciting for us, because it utilizes the HUI protocol to communicate with just about any DAW out there. There's also a bunch of MIDI mappable controls in there, so you still have the option to customize controls. This and the Lie preset turn the SCS.1m into not only a DJ tool, but a great production tool as well.

SCS.1d SSL2 SINGLE DECK (beta) - This is a conversation starter. Right now, it's not perfect (that's why it's still beta), but we hope it will show you guys where we're trying to go with SCS.1. For those of you with SSL2, give it a go and let us know what you think!

Here is the FINAL download location...

http://www.stantondj.com/stanton-controllers-systems/system1.html - go to the DOWNLOADS tab

We've separated downloads by operating system, and included instructions for installing the software, configuration, and updating your firmware.

Thanks for your support!

Hello!!

scs.1d 1.28 or 29 new firmware on 2012?¿

thanks

+1 and a updated darouter firmware for 2012 aswell

i hope they are still trying to improve this product. just recieved my scs.1d today but haven't got the right firewire adapter to fit my macbook pro. ](*,)

cant get it to work in traktor pro 2, followed instructions and pitch fader modes when moving the platter

thanks to john it's now working just, but not to my liking. if anyone can verify this? when i pitch bend using the platter then adjust the pitch fader, the fader seems to reset to where it was previously.

i wish i could use the pitch bend on the platter without it causing problems to the pitch fader, also you cant adjust pitch at the same time as doing a platter drag.

ok updated traktor pro 2 to the latest it works better with no crazy pitch fader movements now but can't que the record like real record decks as when i release it on a beat the track plays at i would say double speed for 4 beats untill it plays at the right speed

also doing a spin back will be affected when engaging back into the beat.

this is a real pain to get working right, i install something update something and different problems arise. surly someone can help with this? is a setting wrong somewhere, feels like i'm close nut so far away in getting this working like it should.

thanks

Anderz,

Go to Controller Manager (no idea if it is called the same if you are using Windows) where you can change the settings on your MIDI controller, scroll until you see scratch under the control column and then change the value of the rotary acceleration under rotary encoder to zero. Make sure you do this on all 4 decks.

Anderz,

Go to Controller Manager (no idea if it is called the same if you are using Windows) where you can change the settings on your MIDI controller, scroll until you see scratch under the control column and then change the value of the rotary acceleration under rotary encoder to zero. Make sure you do this on all 4 decks.

thanks it's working nice now and quite responsive, i was nearly thinking of sending it back tomorrow.

Hahaha just missed your post! Good to see you got it working. Cheers mate!

thanks john, it was your post in another thread that got me searching for the acceleration setting.

think stanton could do with updating their instructions, followed it exactly and downloaded everything they said, and had no end of trouble, just hope I'm not gonna have more problems every time traktor updates

when will new improved firmware and darouter update be available, i feel that after a few days owning the scs.1d that it could be improved a little more. also i prefer to use traktor but is there any other software that shows the best that this product can do? does virtual dj work better and would i have to buy the pro version? or is it working in the free or cheaper version?

anderz,

What sort of things would you like to see improved in a future firmware/DaRouter? I'm pretty happy with it but you posting ideas will surely help Stanton target specific features.

when will new improved firmware and darouter update be available, i feel that after a few days owning the scs.1d that it could be improved a little more. also i prefer to use traktor but is there any other software that shows the best that this product can do? does virtual dj work better and would i have to buy the pro version? or is it working in the free or cheaper version?

Virtual DJ has native support for the scs1 and seems to work very well but the free version only lets you use controllers(and ASIO too I think?) for 10 minutes and then your decks just go dead, I think the other versions are either the same or not working at all except for the most expensive pro version.

Also Mixxx also has native support but it has some pretty horrible bugs in it that make it more or less unusable but perhaps the next update will be better.

What would be fantastic imo would be a virtual soundcard that just outputs timecodes for traktor and ssl and whatever else, I'd be tempted to write something like this myself except it would be nearly as much work as writing a full DJ program so that seems like a better use of effort. Speaking of which does anyone know where to find documentation on the HSS1394 protocol used by the scs.1d? (rather than just the opensource C++ library, I mean I could probably figure it out by reading all the source code but if anyone has docs on the actually protocol that would be preferable)

anderz,

What sort of things would you like to see improved in a future firmware/DaRouter? I'm pretty happy with it but you posting ideas will surely help Stanton target specific features.

mainly bug fixes and tighter performance. i know that the bomes midi translator has had updates so i expect that that is a good thing for stanton if they use the latest versions.

when i touch the top of the record it doesn't always stop the music instantly like a record deck, tried the darouter settings for sensitivity etc, doesn't really do anything,

i would also like the pitch fader to have higher resolution, might be traktor not making this able?

also i would like to switch from deck A to B without going through every deck to get back to deck A [lol] just found the way to do that easily

+1 Pitch fader resolution though I don't know if possible.

there is a way to get a finer pitch control, i duplicated the pitch fader and made one of the empty rotary encoders as a fine pitch, i changed it to a encoder and to relative and turned rotary sensitivity to 24% to give me 0.01 bpm increases.

and i'm using traktor 2.5 which seems to be working as good as before

i have just found that none of the fx names on the scs.1d match up to whats actually being used

I'm having a problem with my scs deck it's not being reconized by windows vista it's giving the code 17 in the device manager. i Then I go to properies and it's saying that windows cannot load drivers required for this device (code 31). Is there a fix for this? Also how can I get the system to work with VDJ Pro?

...can't cue the record like real record decks...

I also had this discussion on DJTT,here are my findings about this:

(copied from my posts in DJTechTools forum)

Today I been practicing a little more on the SCS deck running TP2 and put accelleration in scratch up to 1%,it feels more TT...then today I noticed that, sometimes when I start playing the deck then start to scratch,scratch isn't activated, so the track keeps playing, I'm moving the vinyl, drop it,touch the vynil again, rub it and nothing happens,the track keeps playing on.... this is very annoying,I tried tweaking the "scratch release sens" and "scratch engage" on daRouter up and down, with no success, so then I used the controller manager to learn (listen) what midi message scs1d was sending...I came up to this: when the platter is spinning, "play on" , SCS1d doesn´t send the message for "Jog Touch On" wich is "Note B8", TP2 only gets the message CC118 and sometimes when droping the vinyl it sends "Note B8", so the solution I found is to repeat the "Jog Touch On" command for when moving the vinyl "CC118" for each channel/deck.now it runs great!I think you should try this!

I assume this is a small bug in the firmware or in the preset...I remember that I also had to make a workaround for my VCI-100 after upgrading to DJTT firmware 1.4.

about the platter drift, tested it in depht: I used a sticker to mark the vinyl, just has B.Side mentions in the videos,it has a small drift of -/+ 0.01, but only if we "travel" a long distance on the vinyl,like if I'm scratching 1 or 2 samples in 1>4beats, "ahh" "fresh" ,it barelly drifts or not at all most times, but if I scratch a full sentence,like longer than 4 beats, sometimes the sticker drifts about a centimeter sometimes more, but if I move forward and backward pattiently slow it wont drift,or drift a few millimeters,it is probably a glitch on the backspins?but then again I'm looking at the screen not to the vinyl sticker...

I remember this also happens in VCI-100, maybe it is a MIDI problem...who knows?I have to test this driftting issue on VDJ...

Today I found out that repeating the command CC118 isn't good,cause when we swicht between decks if one is stopped,platter stops,then switching back to a playing one,platter starts rotating, sending that message "Jog Touch On" wich will stop the track for a while,1/2beat,then back on play, causing unsync of tracks... bad solution...but without that repeat sometimes,but very few, I can't scratch at once, I have to start the track,play 1 or 2 beats then grab the vinyl, does this happen to you also using TP2? this doesn't happen in VDJ, on VDJ I can grab the vinyl and hit play at same time, if I do this in TP2 it plays 1/2 beat then stops or other times it just plays the track on... this also happens if I use my VCI,so it must be a TP2 MIDI glitch...

Today I also tested that sticker drift in VDJ and it is pretty much the same as in TP2,sometimes it drifts in long distances sometimes it doesn't,but it is a bit more accurate.

Ok think I found a solution for the problem described on the first paragraph> I still repeat the command CC118 on each deck,and add a beatjump on each deck of + /2 beat (to compensate that - /2beat on the CC118) for the button "Deck Select" on SCS1d.the fisrt I switched decks I got weird noise,but then it is OK,but I will test it further on tonight...