Gibson Brands Forums

Swapping out stock TOM & Tail

My335

I'm going to swap out the stock Tune-O-Matic bridge and stop tailpiece for a Gotoh TOM with aluminium and brass saddles. And a Gotoh stop tailpiece. Any issues, I should expect to encounter? I've read some things elsewhere regarding "forcing" parts, etc. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

I'm going to swap out the stock Tune-O-Matic bridge and stop tailpiece for a Gotoh TOM with aluminium and brass saddles. And a Gotoh stop tailpiece. Any issues, I should expect to encounter? I've read some things elsewhere regarding "forcing" parts, etc. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

As long as they are the right ones, they should drop right in. Of course "Murphy's Law" can become a factor. [smile]

As long as they are the right ones, they should drop right in. Of course "Murphy's Law" can become a factor. [smile]

Got them from Mojo as drop in replacements. Having little experience with Epi and upgrades, lookin' for any leg-up. Thanks.

I used a Gotoh aluminum bridge and tailpiece on a Les Paul body and was very pleased with the result.

Unless you have bought a piece that is horribly different than the original, you should have no issues, as there is a little room for error built in to them.

Archived