Gibson Brands Forums

Do you drink coffee?

heymisterk

I am not one of those people who drinks it all day - no offense - but I do enjoy a cup or two when I wake up in the morning.

I grind my beans fresh in the morning to make a nice pot, and take mine with both cream and sugar, which I know is blasphemy for coffee purists.

So, are you a java junkie, and how do you take yours? [thumbup]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just started drinking coffee in the last few years. At home, my wife got me started on Starbucks espresso. Ill have a cup with my wife on mornings when I'm home. I'll take it with a little creamer. At work, I drink two or three cups of any run of the mill brand, and Ill drink it black.

I certainly know the difference between fresh coffee and stuff that is not. When I am at work and drink a cup, I drink the Costco Kirtland ground Colombian, which is a good deal for decent, pre-ground coffee. But at home, I always use whole beans, and usually a darker roast so I still get the full body and flavor or the coffee against the cream and sugar. Again, Costco's whole bean coffee is a good deal.

Sometimes as a teacher, I get gift cards to Starbuck's as presents from my students, which I use to go right to my local one and load up on whole bean coffee.

Yep I love coffee. Nothing in the world like a cup of coffee and a smoke. Would drink it a lot more if I had my own machine.

Not a connoisseur by any means, I just know what I like and what I don't. In my opinion the best coffee is the stuff that tastes as good as it smells.

I drink it black with a spoonful of brown sugar.

I usually have at least 2 cups in the morning. Almost always black with no sugar. We have a Keurig, which makes single cups from pre-packed coffee pods. We're always experimenting with different styles, but 2 of my favorites are the Donut Shop and Jamaican Me Crazy (Emeril's brand).

Sometimes after a late gig, we'll go to "breakfast" at an all nite diner and I'll have a few cups.

I occasionally drink coffee in the morning when i need to "wake up" but most of my coffee consumption is done on the nights and weekends. I don't drink alcohol anymore, so at bars im slammin down the joe.

And i like my coffee black, just like my metal!

I am not one of those people who drinks it all day - no offense - but I do enjoy a cup or two when I wake up in the morning.

I grind my beans fresh in the morning to make a nice pot, and take mine with both cream and sugar, which I know is blasphemy for coffee purists.

So, are you a java junkie, and how do you take yours? [thumbup]

I drink mine black and unfortunately consume it all day long.

I drink mine black and only in the morning, I like breakfast blend not the strong varieties.

For years I did not sleep very well and did not realize that caffeine had build up in my system and was on a vicious cycle, drinking coffee to stay awake then would nor sleep well, nowadays I usually have coffee only a couple of times a week.

Two cups a day for me - with sugar and half & half. First cup at home (it's a big mug though - 4 cups of water on the coffee maker measuring thingambob) and the second cup once I get to school. We have a K-cup coffee maker in our teacher planning area. It makes a decent cup if you buy the dark roast cups.

Sometimes as a teacher, I get gift cards to Starbuck's as presents from my students, which I use to go right to my local one and load up on whole bean coffee.

I do the same thing - twice a year: Christmas and end of year gifts!

When I lived in the OC we had a place in Tustin called Diedrich's.

They would roast all of their beans right there.

It was the best smelling place around.

I'd go in there and just sit for a couple of hours listening to music, reading or studying.

It was a great place to go to have coffee and just hang out.

That's where I got my first taste of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee.

They always had coffees from all over the globe. It was a real geography lesson to say the least.

Archived