Gibson Brands Forums

So lets see those amps then :)

Rabs

So we've had many Electrics (obviously), Acoustics, Basses and even Tuners.. (and recently worst amps lol)

So lets see those great amps out there..

I started years ago with a Crate practice amp, it was rubbish.. Then I got a Marshall MG DFX 15 which I loved and still have.. Since then I have had a few bigger amps ( a Line 6 (first gen)and a couple of valve state Marshalls) but never really found one that justified its price and im not a gigging player so cant really justify a massive JCM 800 or something like that so I sold those off.. But then about a year ago I found my dream amp cos it was a good price (£250) and its a Marshall MG15 HFX and is what they call a Microstack so a 15 watt head with two 10" cabinets.. AWESEOME!! So now I have a stack amp (sort of :)).. What amps do you have?

Full spec here (gone up in price since I bought it)

http://www.guitar.co.uk/amplifiers/electric/2965-marshall_mg15fxms_guitar_microstack

DSC01252.jpg

Here's my amp family. Fender Deluxe Reverb 65 Reissue, Fender Frontman 25R, Acoustic B10 bass amp.

Nice.. is that an original Cry Baby? I got one of those too.. love it (why dont we see more players using wha-wha anymore?)

Yep, that's my Cry Baby, MXR Carbon Copy, and Blues Driver.

The Deluxe reverb has two channels - clean and vibrto, the vibrato is footswitchable for reverb and vibrato. The Frontman is also two channel - clean and drive (also footswitchable). The bass amp is a nice little 10 watt practice amp.

I've had mine 20 years now

Yes same here (well maybe 18 years).. Still sounds and works great.. Even though ive recently been thinking of trying a new one and seeing if theres any difference.. (like theres a new Joe B one coming out).

They are great though arnt they :)

Not a up to date pic. Now I'm running two AFD 100s in stereo now (wet/dry)

002-17.jpg

Frikken sweet.. How loud can you turn that up before it gets too much for the room? I only live in a small flat but cant even turn my small amps much past 4 or 5 on the master volume before it starts getting silly..

Does anyone have one that goes up to 11 then :P :)

How about this, granted this is more than the thread asks for but here we go....

Most of my pedals; I have others stored away in boxes like the HM2, several A/B switches but these are the main ones minus the talkbox.

effects.jpg

Are some of those pedals analogue? Even though I like a basic setup I hear that the analoge pedals sound really good but they are sooo expensive.. Are they worth the extra?

One amp I built. It is out on the road with a touring band right now though. Variation of Princeton tweed.

IMG_1520_0490_edited-1.jpg

Ceriatone OTS connected to a Port City Wave Cab, Fender M80 - caught on fire last year, old fender cab

IMG_0321_0545_edited-1.jpg

I have another one I built like the blonde one in the first pic but it's red. I just have not uploaded any pics to photobucket of it.

EDIT: Here are the only pics of it that I have uploaded

IMG_0682.jpg

I only play at home and for myself, so I don't need anything huge, expensive, or something to blow the windows out. I bought this Line 6 Spider IV 15 watt amp. It's got plenty of effects, models, and an onboard tuner. It's very easy to use. For a samll amp it can really crank out the sound.

IMG_0635.jpg

Archived