Gibson Brands Forums

Possibility of piezo on the ZT-3?

MrBungle

Hey guys,

I haven't found anything on that anywhere, so I thought I'd ask here!

So you know the Synapses have a piezo pickup and stuff, but the ZT-3 doesn't, is there a way of having this anyway? Like a Nanomag or something? Hope you can help me =)

Thanks in advance,

Franky

I haven't found anything on that anywhere, so I thought I'd ask here!

So you know the Synapses have a piezo pickup and stuff, but the ZT-3 doesn't, is there a way of having this anyway? Like a Nanomag or something? Hope you can help me =)

Franky,

I doubt it. Nanomags aren't piezos anyway, and - to my best knowledge - only built for specific instruments. Piezos on tremolos are very difficult to install, there's always the problem of just getting the expected part of sound (the string vibration) and not the noise (caused by the trem mechanics). A Steinberger trem would require either a common piezo element somewhere below the saddles or one piezo element per saddle. With one common piezo element you have the problem, that the saddles don't make full contact to the base plate, they're standing on a grub screw for action adjustment. Installing one per saddle actually means, you need replacement saddles containing the piezo element, like these for the old Steinberger bridges. But actually these aren't usable on a trem, because trems need rollers to work correctly. So all you can do is use them on a fixed bridge, as I did on my GM-7 Piezo project.

Bernd

Thanks for your response!

I thought so about the Nanomags, didn't like them anyway... =D

But yeah, too bad, maybe someday something will come out. Too bad they don't make the M series anymore, I'd love to have one of those!

Franky

Hey you're not Germany by any chance are you? =D

Edit: Okay ja hab gerade gesehen, bist auch deutsch, coole Gitarren, die du da hast!

Too bad they don't make the M series anymore, I'd love to have one of those!

Want one? I know one in Europe, being availabe right now, and the price is a steal :)

Hey you're not Germany by any chance are you? =D

Edit: Okay ja hab gerade gesehen, bist auch deutsch, coole Gitarren, die du da hast!

Bernd

Archived