Gibson Brands Forums

15 Hours Of Zeppelin

Rocky4

You can definitely skip over In Through the Out Door & Coda IMHO. Not Zep's best work by any stretch

Agreed, good thing the worst Zeppelin is still better than alot of bands. I will always have a soft spot for them since they were one of my first band crushes when I discovered music as a kid, even after I moved on to other music I was still listening to them frequently.

I got the boxed CD set of all their albums for fathers day a couple years ago. Seems like I always come back to Physical Graffiti and Presence when I'm in the mood to listen to them. :)

I also have In Through The Out Door on vinyl. Did your copy come with the brown paper bag sleeve on it?

Not a paper bag, but it does have a hard-er cardboard sleeve with artwork in black and white.

I just noticed that the record and sleeve are made/printed in the UK.

I always come back to Physical Graffiti and Presence too. I've been trying to learn Hots On For Nowhere recently.

I have to defend Coda too. I love I can't quit you, wearing and tearing, and we're gonna groove. I always figure if I get to play with a crack band in a local festival we'll open with We're Gonna Groove to set the tone of the event and demonstrate we can rock. Of course I'll probably have to learn the song first!

In Through the Out Door always sounded like a different band to me. Mind you, we still drove around with it blasting on the 8 track, but it has a very different sound to me than the others. I think JPJ was pretty much in the driver's seat at that point and a lot more keyboards were used. Still a fine record.

I love this track..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEocukvkkSM

I've got quite a few bootlegs, including the '73 MSG shows. It's interesting how it differs from the album

Wow, that's great. Thanks for posting it. I've never even heard of that song, and I have some bootlegs, too. My favorites are "Stairway to Moon" (London 1969 and California 1971) and "Three Days After" (LA Forum 3 June 1973). Three Days After has a killer "The Ocean".

....in my iTunes library

only 1 song from In Through The Out Door

9 hours of live music ...all legitrolleyes.gif

Good live collection obviouly. Out of curiosity, what song have you got from ITTOD? Personally, I love In The Evening...

cheers,

Manse

Wow, that's great. Thanks for posting it. I've never even heard of that song, and I have some bootlegs, too. My favorites are "Stairway to Moon" (London 1969 and California 1971) and "Three Days After" (LA Forum 3 June 1973). Three Days After has a killer "The Ocean".

The earlier stuff has horrible sound quality, although some of it is interesting. Songs like As Long As I Have You, Communication Breakdown, and How Many More Times were stretched out for 15 or more minutes. The St Louis '75 and Houston '77 shows had very good sound quality, with the Vancouver '70 show not being too bad.

Good live collection obviouly. Out of curiosity, what song have you got from ITTOD? Personally, I love In The Evening...

cheers,

Manse

Caroouselambra

Archived