Gibson Brands Forums

Harmonizer

DanvillRob

This time both fifth and third – as I recall it there was only one 1 on Sound of Silence (Garfunkel), maybe I'm wrong.

Like the first song and never heard it before. I have to go Tube on that one.

Meanwhile you can fix Teach Your Children, , , or This Boy by the 1964 Fab – remember it. . .

This time both fifth and third – as I recall it there was only one 1 on Sound of Silence (Garfunkel), maybe I'm wrong.

Like the first song and never heard it before. I have to go Tube on that one.

Meanwhile you can fix Teach Your Children, , , or This Boy by the 1964 Fab – remember it. . .

Yes, that was both fifth and third above. It's a simple device, and ya just plug in and go. It has a setting for which key you're in, but I use the feature

where I just run the guitar through it, and it picks up the key from your guitar.

I like this ! Which Harmonizer did you use ?

I heard Krassi use one, so I asked him which one it was, he told me he used the TC-Helicon Harmonizer, so that's the one I have.

What I found is that even if I'm playing the old crap that I've done for years, they sound "fresh"!

Hmmmmmm, Bob. So, you can actually teach an old dog new tricks? (Speaking of old dogs, I see one of your pugs wandering through the frame.) Actually, it sounds good. Different, but good.

Are we going to Autotune next week? [biggrin]

Yeah.... I knew he wandered into the frame....that's the new little boy... 5 months old....starts his show career next month.

I always sucked at harmonizing.... one of the things I regret about all my years playing out with others..... this makes it at least plausible.

Think I need Autotune?

Any excuse to hear you play and sing! Never been a very astute harmonizer myself--a very hit--or-miss-usually-miss kind of thing, so an aid is always tempting. Hmmm....

I think you sound pretty dang fine---more, more!!!! [thumbup]

Hm! Dan I like it but which TC-Helicon Harmonizer model are you using? The one in the add for'voice and guitar' offers guitar effects I don't need.

I think you are working with a voice only model, am I right?

OH, sorry.....I didn't know there were so many models!

It's the Voicetone H-1

voicetone-h1.jpg

Any excuse to hear you play and sing! Never been a very astute harmonizer myself--a very hit--or-miss-usually-miss kind of thing, so an aid is always tempting. Hmmm....

I think you sound pretty dang fine---more, more!!!! [thumbup]

That's very sweet Anne... MANY people ask me to sing solo, (so low they can't hear me!).

I had my wife listen to your rendition and Buc's rendition of "Goodby", and she agreed with me.....BOTH your versions were better than Steve Earle's!

Man, that a lot of cordinatin' - the left hand, the right, the voice, the foot switches and not hitting the mic/stands with that beautiful guitar - pretty darn good for an old guy. . [thumbup]

OHHHHhhhhh............ hitting the axe on the mic....UGH....makes my teeth hurt!

I still got my right foot not doin' much!

Great job, Dan! The harmonizer is an useful mashine - it can teach you sing better. Used the right way it helps really to make the performance better.msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Thanks, Krassi. I really like it...whether it makes me sing better is yet to be seen!

Good to see that you still check in every once in a while.

That's very sweet Anne... MANY people ask me to sing solo, (so low they can't hear me!).

I had my wife listen to your rendition and Buc's rendition of "Goodby", and she agreed with me.....BOTH your versions were better than Steve Earle's!

Well that is sweet of both of you--thanks. :rolleyes:

Just found Emmylou's solo version of that song and posted it on the other thread--to me, that is the seminal version. But that's the beauty of good material--it can be worn well by different folks.

('Solo they can't hear you'--why I oughtta...[tongue] )

Well that is sweet of both of you--thanks. :rolleyes:

Just found Emmylou's solo version of that song and posted it on the other thread--to me, that is the seminal version. But that's the beauty of good material--it can be worn well by different folks.

('Solo they can't hear you'--why I oughtta...[tongue] )

HAHAHAHA..... if we were the same gender, there'd be a bunch of folk on here telling us to "Get a Room"....but they wouldn't dare!!!!

Dan, are you using a special Voicetone Mic or is it just straight through a standard microphone?

I'm totally dumb about mic's.

I use a Shure SM58 mic.

I'm singing through a Fender Passport 300 Pro, and my old Shure 545(?) mic's wouldn't work through it, (and I think the 545 wouldn't work through the harmonizer either).

Shure 545 = High Impedance

Shure SM58 = Low Impedance

Cool man!

I was looking where the backing vocals where...but I guess that is what is meant with harmonizer ....

that's EXACTLY what I thought when I heard Krassi use one!

Now if I can just keep myself from speeding up during a song, I won't ever need to play with anyone else again!

(just kidding about playin' alone...NOT about the speeding up)

Archived