Gibson Brands Forums

Harmonizer

DanvillRob

I'm totally dumb about mic's.

I use a Shure SM58 mic.

I'm singing through a Fender Passport 300 Pro, and my old Shure 545(?) mic's wouldn't work through it, (and I think the 545 wouldn't work through the harmonizer either).

Shure 545 = High Impedance

Shure SM58 = Low Impedance

I'm using a Shure SM58 too, ( don't we all ) so I guess it will work OK with the Voicetone H1, I'll give it a go. Thanks for the info Dan.

I heard a guy performing live last night and using a harmonizer. I liked it and my wife thought I should get one. I looked up this again today and ordered one for myself to try.

Thanks for the post and the examples.

I heard a guy performing live last night and using a harmonizer. I liked it and my wife thought I should get one. I looked up this again today and ordered one for myself to try.

Thanks for the post and the examples.

Nice! Keep us posted once you get it.

One of my friends has a high school daughter that sings in the choir and does the musicals in school. She is taking voice lessons and doing some competitions through her school.

I am wanting to get a song or two worked up with her and then run her mic through the harmonizer. Should prove to be interesting and fun for the group of us.

One of my friends has a high school daughter that sings in the choir and does the musicals in school. She is taking voice lessons and doing some competitions through her school.

I am wanting to get a song or two worked up with her and then run her mic through the harmonizer. Should prove to be interesting and fun for the group of us.

Looking forward to seeing what you put up!

I've found it's changed my whole way of presenting songs.

I liked the demo so much I went out purchased a the same harmonizer Voicetone H1. Very addictive, I spent probably 8 hours yesterday (Saturday) playing with it.

My observations: Put the mic gain on the H1 at about 50% (12 noon). Keep your mouth about 1 to 2 inches from your mic, the chorus can create some lowend muddy sounds, You have to experiment to get the right clarity. Make sure your guitar is in as pefect tune as possible, I use the guitar setting on the H1. The H1 is going to ride the wavelength of your guitars sounds and is programed for whole and flat / sharp voices. Example you play a G chord and it is off (not tuned) the harmonizer is going to reproduce a clean G because that is the closest frequency it is programmed for. There is no slop. This can cause unwanted tones. ( hope I explained that ok)

I play fairly clean and haven't tried it with overdrive yet. It doesn;t make your singing better, but it does make you sing in key if you want the most out of it. It is a good aid in making you want to sing better. Paid $134 at GC.

Hi Dan, I've been doing my harmonies like this but can't get more than two voices on before it falls apart. I'm sold on the Voicetone, ordered one today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgO8UzCW4LU

HEY! That was good!

You're just over-dubbing?

The harmonizer will allow you to do the vocals on the fly....(but you'll still have to figure out how to dub in the guitar lead!)

You should do a video!

Archived