Gibson Brands Forums

"Ventura Highway" - J-45's

Gio

One of my favorite songs played with 2 J-45's...ok, the sound is slightly too electric, and yet I love it! . . . <~video snip~>

These days I keep listening to theirs first records (especially "America" and "Homecoming"...amazing...).

Great Gibby spotting and a nice clip. . B)

You've got me looking to pull those out for another listen. As I recall those albums had great sound/engineering work too.

One of my favorite songs played with 2 J-45's...ok, the sound is slightly too electric, and yet I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrdQCepcgH0

These days I keep listening to theirs first records (especially "America" and "Homecoming"...amazing...).

Aaaghhh memories! Loved their early work and records. This video lacked alot of the original sound and magic that their music originally had though.

Sandman was and still is a favorite of mine!

My favorite America song is "Sister Golden Hair." Had my own sister-golden-hair-surprise back in "the day." And she was full of surprises and easy-on-the-eyes. The biggest surprise was that she was seeing another guy. He was surprised too...lol...But it turned-out okay for me. Met my wife about four months later.......Thanks for the memories, America. [thumbup]

these guys without question are the cheesiest lyricists in music history

sounds like jack black lyrics

couple of local guys play one of their songs about an eagle in the sky or something and my god i thought it was a comedy song when i first heard it

and yeah , his gibson sounds crappy

couple of local guys play one of their songs about an eagle in the sky or something and my god i thought it was a comedy song when i first heard it

Then I'm cheesy, I like their music. Still have the "America" LP record. They did something right, they sure had a lot of hits. To each, his own.

I don't think it sounds like crap

I just think the guy in glasses got a better sounding J 45 and it outperforms the other one.

could be old strings or something like that not just the guitar.

JC

Archived