Gibson Brands Forums

Best case for a J45

brannon67

Guys, I am looking for a good case for my two J45's.(I know, I use one in another tuning). I like the Gibson cases, but lets all face it, we would not fly with our Gibson case, well at least I would not chance it. Any good flight quality cases you recommend that will take a beating?

Dude! You fly with two guitars?!

No, travel with one, and play two J45's around town, or places within driving distance.I just need a case built like a tank for when I do fly with one of my J45s. I want one that fits it like a glove. Mayby a carbon case or something.

To press, I cannot think of anything better than a Hiscox PRO GAD ii.

However, at $250 it may be expensive - I paid £80 for mine last year.

It is an excellent case, and fits my j-45 like it was made for it.

hx_lg_proii-om-ib_open_1.jpg

Ponty is 100% right.

The Hiscox top the range case is great for the $$$$. I have Cream one and love it. It fits both my Square Shoulder CW and my J-50 very well.

photo-10-2.jpg

Other option is the Calton but there are issues with ordering and they very pricey...Here's my Historic (SOLD) in the case...

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

[scared]

I let my tour manger and roadies take care of all these matters .. ;-)

EA,..can I fill out an application for the job?

I'll be your tech to. I'm always wanted to live the Rock n' Roll life in Prague. Hmmmmmmm,...those Czech girls!!!!

672717.jpg

[wub]

Yes ... now that you mention it, I do recall them from a gig couple weeks back ...

Or maybe that was from the strip bar afterwards .... foggy nite ;-)

EA,..can I fill out an application for the job?

I'll be your tech to. I'm always wanted to live the Rock n' Roll life in Prague. Hmmmmmmm,...those Czech girls!!!!

672717.jpg

[wub]

Pleaasee..... Czech girls dont need fake boobs, its all full n' natural here baby ...

Its ain't no California ..

Heheeee,...you better hope Mrs. EuroAussie isn't a member of the Forum mate! Otherwise you will be sleeping in the Man Cave tonight!!!

[biggrin]

Hey Dudes, this is about a travel case, not a ...

I have traveled with my guitar in a soft case as carry-on and it was fine.

WOW Valleygirl, you have quite a collection of awesome guitars and other stringed instruments there. Cool.

Any good flight quality cases you recommend that will take a beating?

Although I am a very satisfied owner of both Hiscox (one Pro II and one Artist) and Calton cases, and agree that Hiscox offer the most protection for the buck, if the question is really "What is the best flight case?", I'd have to answer "A recent-model Hoffee." I don't own one, but I've seen 'em up close and personal, and you get Calton-level fit and protection in a much lighter case. Unfortunately, they're pretty expensive -- still not as much as the competition's premium carbon fiber cases, but significantly more than a fiberglass Calton and four times the price of a Hiscox Pro II.

-- Bob R

I'll second the vote for the new Hoffee cases. The Calton carbon fiber cases (as compared with the Calton fiberglass cases) are just as light as the Hoffee cases, but are very difficult to get right now.

As for the Hiscox cases, I agree about bang for buck. But,those Hiscox latches pop open very easily. I'd not fly with one unless I had a case cover, too (which I do and I have flown with my Hiscox, though I prefer my Caltons).

But,those Hiscox latches pop open very easily. I'd not fly with one unless I had a case cover, too ...

I use one of those luggage straps with a TSA-approved lock, wrapped around a couple of times through the handle, when I fly with a Hiscox. That way, the latches might get sprung, but there's no way the case can come open.

-- Bob R

Archived