Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite female fronted band

Lazerface

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played in a female fronted band for 7 years [thumbup]

I like Pat Benetar

I'm in one right now, wouldn't have it any other way. I don't know if male singers have bigger egos or if I'm more willing to work with a woman's ego. But I have no inclination to ever work with a male "Lead Singer" again.

So Big Brother and the Holding Company then?

Full Tilt Boogie blew them away. BBHC recorded some of Janis' best stuff, but Boogie had the talent.

OT, Ann Wilson and Amy Lee are neck and neck.

Cranberries - not sure if this group meets the definition of a 'female fronted band'

Oh - I think so. Beat me to it. Dolores O'Riordan's voice is wonderful, and a great songwriter.

Blondie would be there for me too, especially their early works - Debbie saw me through those difficult teenage years [thumbup]

I love Alanis Morisette's stuff too. And I have to concur with Heart - Dreamboat Annie is superb.

Played in a female fronted band for about four years. Interesting writting stuff with a good female singer. Really felt like music with a fairly light touch in the percussion department was a must even though she had a very strong voice.

Anyways, here's an offering that might be a little tangential. 80's pop from German electro pop band propagnda fronted by Claudia Brucken. Check out the break at 3:15

Propaganda, Murder of Love

Archived