Gibson Brands Forums

Davy Jones leaves -

E-minor7

Just remember: Stephen Stills was almost cast as one of the original Monkees, but Peter Tork got the call instead. The reason Stills wasn't selected is subject to debate, but the Monkees might have been a different animal indeed ( [biggrin] ) if Stills had been chosen.

Just remember: Stephen Stills was almost cast as one of the original Monkees, but Peter Tork got the call instead. The reason Stills wasn't selected is subject to debate, but the Monkees might have been a different animal indeed ( [biggrin] ) if Stills had been chosen.

nowhere near as weird as crosby tork nash and young !!

Davy will be missed.

Yeah, it was real fashionable to put them down as a bubblegum band or the prefab four back in the 1960s but looking back at it the Monkees made some of the best pop music ever. Hey, even the Paul Butterfield Blues Band covered their "Mary Mary" on the East West LP.

I got a chance to see the Monkees on one of their reunion tours in the 1980s. It was at a fairgrounds, Nesmith was a no show and they spent more than enough time putting on silly little skits. But I still had a blast. If songs like Stepping Stone and Daydream Believer don't get your *** and spirit moving and you singing along then you need to go sign up for a soul transfusion.

Danny Hutton who went on to sing with Three Dog Night and Harry Nilsson also auditioned.

Back then, actors had to be very talented to get work. They were all very talented. It was pop music written by some of the best writers in the business, but they gave it their own touch and it was good. Mickey Dolenz always cracked me up and someone here partied with him and had pictures, I just forgot who.

Davy dying makes me feel older.

INeil Diamond!! "Then I saw her face..."

or John Stewart (of Kingston Trio fame) "Cheer up, sleepy Jean..."

?

:rolleyes:

Oh, I was just contemplating alternative Monkeesque destinations for a non-(daydream)believer, Anne. Given your latter quote, he might just be homecoming... (not exactly a queen, though). [biggrin]

Archived