Gibson Brands Forums

Need Looper Pedal Explanation

Rocky4

I've got another question. If I'm running this through an amp and I turn on a drum beat, won't the beat have the same gain ( and thus sound horrible) as my guitar?

It sounds pretty horrible to begin with. If anything some gain might make it sound kinda cool.

It sounds pretty horrible to begin with. If anything some gain might make it sound kinda cool.

That's kinda true.

That said, you can use an A/B switch. For example A goes to looper and amp 1 B goes to amp 2. Record rhythm guitar loop and drums into clean amp "A" and then switch to dirty amp "B" to solo over.

A simpler way is to put a dirt box in front of the looper. If you set your amp clean, you should be able to record rhythm guitar over a drum loop. Then hit the dirt to solo over. The new "dirty" signal should not affect the clean loop.

I've got another question. If I'm running this through an amp and I turn on a drum beat, won't the beat have the same gain ( and thus sound horrible) as my guitar?

Yes it will.

The first time I bought a looper (RC2) I also bought an overdrive pedal.

If you only use the gain on the amp, then it will affect the drum beat and it will sound horrible.

It will not sound cool at all.

Archived