Gibson Brands Forums

In honour of Buc and AnneS (Goodbye cover)

Deadgrateful

NICE JOB!

You playing is great!

I can tell you're a little tentative about your singing, but you shouldn't be...it's good!

AI envy those long skinny fingers...I feel like I have hot dogs stuck on my fist!

Oh...by the way..... did Buc teach you to play backwards?

Thanks guys! I'm not really used to singing this style and so low. I (sort of) play and sing for a living and am usually pretty good at hitting (most of) the notes, although the guy I play with has the real voice between us. As for my gear, I'm really embarrassed to say that I had my J45 TV within an arms reach, but laziness prevailed (it's all cased up in a calton) and I opted for my epiphone el-00.

What do you mean about playing backwards?

No sir, you did not slaughter it..........well done, I say! I too feel this particular tune is a bit low for my voice, but hey, this ain't the Ed Sullivan Show and we ain't the Beatles, so no worries! You did great!

The "backwards" thing is playing lefthanded........are you? Otherwise, I think you're shooting with an iPhone from the wrong side of the camera......they flip things backwards when using the backward facing camera. Again, good work and thanks for jumping on the Steve Earle's Goodbye bandwagon!

(still waiting to here from BBG on this one.........)

hi DG

thanks for sharing , really liked it :-) your thumb timing is incredible . its a weird lookin thumb though ! :-)

would you be kind enough to re-post your video on the steve earle goodbye thread ?

this was my stupid idea because there are always people wanting comparison videos , people trying to maybe decide which guitar to buy . i thought it would be useful to have a load of gibsons but all playing the same song . it only has 3 chords so everyone should be able to have a stab at it .

anyway , hope i'm making at least a bit of sense

thanks again

hi DG

thanks for sharing , really liked it :-) your thumb timing is incredible . its a weird lookin thumb though ! :-)

would you be kind enough to re-post your video on the steve earle goodbye thread ?

this was my stupid idea because there are always people wanting comparison videos , people trying to maybe decide which guitar to buy . i thought it would be useful to have a load of gibsons but all playing the same song . it only has 3 chords so everyone should be able to have a stab at it .

anyway , hope i'm making at least a bit of sense

thanks again

BBG.... good idea!

That's one of the most fun threads we've had for awhile in the forum.

Makes me think I gotta put a version together this weekend!

Archived