Gibson Brands Forums

Ronnie Wood Show

BT Bob

Ronnie Wood is probably the best-looking of The Stones. I know that sounds kind of scary...lol.. because they all look like they've been to hell and back. BUT, I love the hell out of The Stones. They are who they are. No apologies. No pretending to really be "good boys." They're just The Stones. Legends of "real" rock and roll, and they've written/performed some of the sweetest folk songs ever. Long may they reign!

Ronnie Wood is probably the best-looking of The Stones. I know that sounds kind of scary...lol.. because they all look like they've been to hell and back. BUT, I love the hell out of The Stones. They are who they are. No apologies. No pretending to really be "good boys." They're just The Stones. Legends of "real" rock and roll, and they've written/performed some of the sweetest folk songs ever. Long may they reign!

Amen!

[thumbup]

Excellent post !!

I agree big-time...

The Stones have given more pleasure to more people than probably any other band...at least equal to the Beatles

And Ron Wood was such a good choice after Mick Taylor

Ron had a huge following in previous bands like Faces and Jeff Beck Group

And having an easy going stage persona and rapport with Keith Richards helps no end.... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

Not to kick a hornet's nest, but I'll take The Stones over The Beatles any day of the week. Like guitars, it is all personal choice. To me, (and The Beatles are superb) the boys from Liverpool are pristine and easy, just like Taylors. The Stones are The Stones. They're Gibsons and Martins. Rough around the edges, grouchy, and don't really give-a-damn what you think of them, because they are who they are. Let's face it, Yoko wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell with The Stones. [flapper]

Not to kick a hornet's nest, but I'll take The Stones over The Beatles any day of the week. Like guitars, it is all personal choice. To me, (and The Beatles are superb) the boys from Liverpool are pristine and easy, just like Taylors. The Stones are The Stones. They're Gibsons and Martins. Rough around the edges, grouchy, and don't really give-a-damn what you think of them, because they are who they are. Let's face it, Yoko wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell with The Stones. [flapper]

I agree with Larry +1

[thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived