Gibson Brands Forums

Remember the old days?

AXE®

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when there were only about 20 or so of use here and there was no lounge?

We had to post off topic subjects in the Les Paul section and end every sentence with.

Oh, And a Les Paul.

How long ago actually was that?

Most of the fights were political. It was awful, even though I contributed a fair amount. I always used to leave the forum p*ssed. But it usually was Homz vs. NeoConMan/ksgstandard. Had we would have been in a bar, an all-out melee would surely have ensued.

Most of the fights were political. It was awful, even though I contributed a fair amount. I always used to leave the forum p*ssed. But it usually was Homz vs. NeoConMan/ksgstandard. Had we would have been in a bar, an all-out melee would surely have ensued.

Those were the days.

And yes, an all out bar brawl would have certainly been the result.

Neo and I were about as far apart politically as possible, but I actually thought he was a good guy. I had respect for him, and he would always help you out. I don't know what happened to Homz. He was even more to the left than I was, but when his opponents put aside all their political disagreements, most saw that he was a good guy. If I recall, he had adopted a child from SE Asia...? Californiaman, does that ring a bell?

Neo and I were about as far apart politically as possible, but I actually thought he was a good guy.

Me too. That was the thing about Neo, if you could support your opinions he respected you even if he didn't agree with you... The old, "I disagree with what you say, but defend your right to say it"adage. His problem was he didn't know when to stop and always took the bait. Shame too, I miss the guy and not just for the entertainment his brawls with others brought.

Neo and I were about as far apart politically as possible, but I actually thought he was a good guy. I had respect for him, and he would always help you out. I don't know what happened to Homz. He was even more to the left than I was, but when his opponents put aside all their political disagreements, most saw that he was a good guy. If I recall, he had adopted a child from SE Asia...? Californiaman, does that ring a bell?

Homz is a pretty cool cat, talk to him on Facebook occasionally. And yes he did adopt her.

Homz is a pretty cool cat, talk to him on Facebook occasionally. And yes he did adopt her.

And him...two kids. Homz is a nice guy...he likes to stir the pot and we all know that you guys love the bait too. You bite every time. He can't always take it like he can dish it though.

Me too. That was the thing about Neo, if you could support your opinions he respected you even if he didn't agree with you... The old, "I disagree with what you say, but defend your right to say it"adage. His problem was he didn't know when to stop and always took the bait. Shame too, I miss the guy and not just for the entertainment his brawls with others brought.

That's not the way I remember Neo, and I'd be willing to bet that's not the way Duane remembers Neo, either. Like me and Homz, Neo never passed up a political debate. Neo always asked for facts, though he rarely used any, himself. When you cited facts or data, he would always question the reliability of the source. He often resorted to name calling when he couldn't defend an argument, and he even threatened people in PMs, as he did Homz and me.

I'm not going to defend Homz, either. He went out of his way to troll and flame. That said, I like and respect Homz; may be because Homz and I mostly agree. Don't care at all for Neo. I will say that Neo knows guitars and rarely said anything about them that wasn't true.

This is not going in the direction I had planned.

lolz

Axe,

May I respectfully suggest that perhaps, as someone once said, "everything is in a constant state of change" ?

And while I am on the subject of 'respectfull suggestions'... you may wish to consider changing your avatar,

which I personally find extreemly annoying with its continuous movement in the corner of my eye, as I try to read your posts ?

Kind regards,

F.

That's not the way I remember Neo, and I'd be willing to bet that's not the way Duane remembers Neo, either. Like me and Homz, Neo never passed up a political debate. Neo always asked for facts, though he rarely used any, himself. When you cited facts or data, he would always question the reliability of the source. He often resorted to name calling when he couldn't defend an argument, and he even threatened people in PMs, as he did Homz and me.

I'm not going to defend Homz, either. He went out of his way to troll and flame. That said, I like and respect Homz; may be because Homz and I mostly agree. Don't care at all for Neo. I will say that Neo knows guitars and rarely said anything about them that wasn't true.

I've never had an issue off-line with Neo.... He was always nice to me and never said any childish things to me. Of all the members that have been perma-banned here, he was by far my favorite individual.

As for the other perma-banned members, I really have no comment other than I do not have any desire to communicate with them on any medium.

This is not going in the direction I had planned.

lolz

Need a hug?

I hear you.

I thought we were gonna get all melancholic.

There are still some of us that were here since the previous forum.

Homz and Wicked1 adopted two kids from Vietnam or Cambodia. I'm pretty sure it was the former.

I remember a couple of posts where Neo actually helped you out. You actually replied something to the effect, "I did not expect you to help me," or something like that.

Remembering the older days, I thought Blackie was the most entertaining. He came off as a drunk and a crack addict. He posted a whole bunch of youtubes of his playing and his adventures with his cats. Wore a bucket head hat, even had one for his cat. He was a pretty good guitarist and a very creative guy, and the run-ins he had here with other members were epic.

And BTW, since I didn't join here until Jan, 2010, I only caught the tail end of the "old days."

Remembering the older days, I thought Blackie was the most entertaining. He came off as a drunk and a crack addict. He posted a whole bunch of youtubes of his playing and his adventures with his cats. Wore a bucket head hat, even had one for his cat. He was a pretty good guitarist and a very creative guy, and the run-ins he had here with other members were epic.

And BTW, since I didn't join here until Jan, 2010, I only caught the tail end of the "old days."

Blackie was cool [thumbup][biggrin]

was he banned?

Archived