Gibson Brands Forums

Remember the old days?

AXE®

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Farnsbarns

He got banned didnt he?

About twice a week yeah but that wasn't why he left. He was effected quite badly when Gary Moore died I think. He was a top bloke though. Really enjoyed his tonge in cheek trolling.

Come back S T E V E /troll boy/SteveJoshlay (yeah, he used to change his name a lot too.)

Karen!

You're back!

All okay???

.... Rodeo season's starting here big time with a Jr. Hi regional, high school regionals, then jr hi finals and little britches, then high school finals and then the big PRCA show and the following weekend of 4-H rodeo - and ropings and races all summer.

=-=

As for overall... I dunno. I think one point well made was that I think a lotta folks were writing as they'd not speak were we all around a table with a libation and perhaps a cupla guitars.

As for politics and religion... It's my observation that in both cases we have far more difficulty with semantics involved than most of us might imagine. Definitions of words are different when used by folks of different perspectives and "communication" is lost regardless of efforts to establish it.

m

Really? Illness or accident? He wasn't that old.

48 man. 48

It is well known that Roger and I had a bitter falling out, but man....48 is young. As for the cause, I can't say for certain though I have a guess. In the end, I suppose it doesn't matter.

I just was sitting back remembering how he would post a thread with a title like "abortion" and then sit back and watch as people went nuts. lol [laugh]

Some of the battles between him and KSG were EPIC.

If you can remember the old days-you weren't there.

I'm sure I was not there and do remember just this fact.

By the way, funny how the quoted post worked as a thread killer for more than two years. Obviously caused epidemic amnesia then... [biggrin]

Hey Flight, I still poke my head in here every once in a while. Though, I must admit I have semi-converted to PRS. [scared][blink]

Semi-converted to PRS? Do you think it's a religion? [scared][flapper] At least this would explain why you are posting very seldom. You're just careful since religious discussions are not allowed here. [biggrin]

And no one wrote the word Fender - it had to be F*n d*r. [biggrin]

wow Surf....we joined the same day !!

I only visited occasionally before the lounge opened and the iron curtain lifted a bit though.

yeah...there heve been some "characters" here, but now almost all the bad ones are gone (except ME) thanks to good & fair moderation.

Semi-converted to PRS? Do you think it's a religion? [scared][flapper] At least this would explain why you are posting very seldom. You're just careful since religious discussions are not allowed here. [biggrin]

have you ever been to the PRS forum? [lol] Some of those guys are hardcore. Suggest putting a non-PRS pickup in a guitar and they want to stone you.

have you ever been to the PRS forum? [lol] Some of those guys are hardcore. Suggest putting a non-PRS pickup in a guitar and they want to stone you.

Never been there, had no reason for that. I believe in most cases the manufacturers know well why they put certain pickups into certain instruments, but I think that the player's taste is what should count in the end.

Do you remember when Fender and Gibson were hardcore manufacturers so to say? It took them decades until they fitted instruments with third party pickups stock. They also decided one day to make pickups reflecting coveted vintage tones to the players demands. PRS seems to be hardcore still, and as long as the players won't dare the leap, PRS won't have the need for that, too. :rolleyes:

I also remember the Fender versus Gibson player wars in the 1970s and 1980s. Perhaps there's a new version of these, PRS players against the faithless rest of the guitar player world. :unsure:

Archived