Gibson Brands Forums

Remember the old days?

AXE®

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was some arguments maybe but it was a much better forum for guitar information. I used to spend hours on here now a few minutes every couple days does it for me. I haven't seen a really interesting post in some time and I can only stand so much of teenage dumpster divers waxing poetic about old broken TV's and Duane's Twilight addiction!

Yes - I agree!

^ But is that because you know so much more now and you're not learning much all at once? I.E. Its harder to impress you now?

Hmmm no. I've been playing guitar for 35 years and I've been teaching guitar off and on for 20 years. For me it wasn't so much about learning new things but learning different perspectives, being reminded of things I knew but didn't use much, and why others do what they do or how they learned things. I did learn some new things along the way too and I shared what I know. Those things just do not take place that much around here.

I enjoyed and hated the political and religious arguments too. They were often interesting to say the least.

I've been around here for awhile. Lost over 1000 posts in the great forum crash of 1888. Generally had fun, learned a lot, met some nice (virtual) folks and some (virtual) twits, was quite happy to jabber about guitars and such but was never inclined to quietly sit by when some uninformed or self -righteous jagg-off decided to hold forth and insult my ideology and that of folks who might've thought like I did. As is evidenced in this thread, one, in particular, in absentia, seems to still enjoy some elevated status hereabouts. In case he peeks in now and again, I still think you're a pinhead! Anyway, I'd like to think I gave as good as I got. I enjoyed being here more than I didn't and I dropped 20K with the company. My final Gibson purchase is bespoke and on the line now. It will be in my hands before long. I'll post a pic and then, happy trails. There'll be no reason to be here any more. Best to (almost) all.

xoxo\\ps- the point of this was I remember the old days. :-)

I've been around here for awhile. Lost over 1000 posts in the great forum crash of 1888. Generally had fun, learned a lot, met some nice (virtual) folks and some (virtual) twits, was quite happy to jabber about guitars and such but was never inclined to quietly sit by when some uninformed or self -righteous jagg-off decided to hold forth and insult my ideology and that of folks who might've thought like I did. As is evidenced in this thread, one, in particular, in absentia, seems to still enjoy some elevated status hereabouts. In case he peeks in now and again, I still think you're a pinhead! Anyway, I'd like to think I gave as good as I got. I enjoyed being here more than I didn't and I dropped 20K with the company. My final Gibson purchase is bespoke and on the line now. It will be in my hands before long. I'll post a pic and then, happy trails. There'll be no reason to be here any more. Best to (almost) all.

xoxo\\ps- the point of this was I remember the old days. :-)

Too funny.msp_biggrin.gif

• 2 years later...

Archived