Gibson Brands Forums

05 LP Custom Shop on Ebay

Barak

Hello all,

I am wanting to verify a Custom Black LP on Ebay but the seller (100% rating) has blocked out most of the serial number. What I can see is that it begins with "CS51###" I was checking with the Gibson serial number page and nothing indicates that a 2005 custom shop would begin with a "CS"...have added an image. Please help!!!!

Thanks

post-41186-097930500 1330624796_thumb.jpg

Another thing, I thought the Custom Shop logo on the back of the headstock was a banner or something in the shape of a circle? That "C" still looks odd to me...

Here's what I thought the logo should look like:

http://ampandguitar.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=219

Perhaps, different models appear differently.

The logo does seem off, somehow. The main concern I have is with the chrome hardware - the vast majority of Custom Ebony guitars have gold hardware. The small pics and low price are red flags as well; a correct serial number does not guarantee authenticity at all!

There are two other things that just don't look right to me, not that I'm an expert in any sense of the word. But the open book top of the headstock looks rounded. The other thing is, if you look near the bottom of the headstock as it becomes the neck, it doesn't look symmetrical. The curve from the neck to headstock, seems to be more substantial on the right side of the picture, than on the left.

Phalaris.

Sorry to be blunt - that photo sucks. If you're going to ask about authenticity, provide some decent photos or link to the auction page.

Trying to discern what's going on in a dark photo shot at an angle (even small angles can really throw off the looks) leads to guess work.

And BTW, that Custom Shop logo is fine; and ebony LPCs are made with chrome hardware - here's one you can buy new - http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPCEBCH?utm_source=none&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&gclid=CKfH8M_3yq4CFe4DQAodAy62_Q

30U-15864_headstock-back.jpg

Archived