Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone make their own backing tracks from MP3s?

Rich W

I've been wondering if computer technology has improved to the point where it's now possible to remove the guitar from an MP3 in order to make a custom backing track. In particular, removing or reducing the lead guitar. Anyone out there make their own backing tracks from MP3s?

Wow! The guitar extraction feature of JamVox seems like just the thing to make some nice backing tracks. Has anyone used it?

Not yet, but I plan to try it out next week. Bought one a couple months back while working crazy hours in Florida. Musician's Friend had it on sale for something like $75 (blowing out the last of the stock, it's been discontinued). They let me use a Guitar Center coupon for $15 off if you spent $75, so I got it delivered for like $60! Been really busy and so far have not gotten around to even loading the software.

Just checked, they are out at MF, , GC lists one used at $65. They're still around on eBay and I'm sure other places. I'll report back in this thread next week once I've had a chance to play around with it a bit.

Archived