Gibson Brands Forums

gibson with active pups?

S t e v e

PAFs or a bit later seem to sound pretty great too, I think the closer to these you can get the better. EMG's can always be a mod for those who want them (they could produce a model or two with them if there is a market, but ALL? Hell no!).

The Stumble, Peter Green with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers

No, no no no no! Sorry but they need to stay the way they've been for long time. Nothing wrong with using active stuff but not ALL the guitar's Gibson makes. I mean, if you put an active system in a Les Paul that get's it's legendary sound from the wood it's made out of.... You see where I'm going with this?

How anyone that watches that first vid and can't say he was one of the most soulful players ever is beyond me.

The feeling in every note is a lesson to all players. Even Satriani and Vai would have had a job to upstage him at his best. What a loss.

How anyone that watches that first vid and can't say he was one of the most soulful players ever is beyond me.

The feeling in every note is a lesson to all players. Even Satriani and Vai would have had a job to upstage him at his best. What a loss.

+1000 [thumbup]

In my mind,if all new Gibsons were fitted with EMGs they would no longer be true Gibsons-they'd just be another hot-rodded Gibson bodied guitar.I am one of those people who buys a Gibson-or Fender,or Guild,or Gretsch,or Epiphone for the unique sound of their in-house pickups.If others want the option to slap in after market pups so be it but I have always prefered to keep all my guitars bone stock.I guess that's why I have so many guitars,rather than put new pups in a Strat for instance,I'll go out and buy one with the sound that I'm hearing in my head.

Archived