Gibson Brands Forums

93 Anniversary Series (Texan, Frontier, Execellente) Opinions

doogerboosh

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for some opinions on these made-in-Bozeman limited edition guitars from 1993. According to info scattered around the web, it seems like there were 250 made of 3 historic models: the Texan, the Frontier and the Excellente.

It also seems according to post #7 from this thread (http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/59703-1992-epiphone-montana/), that these aren't that great.

Any other opinions on these? Particularly on the Frontier and Excellente?

What about even just detailed specs? Are we talking all solid wood, nitro finishes, etc.?

What value would you assign to these guitars? Where would you place them in terms of quality? Better than current made in China, better than the MIJ Elite/Elitist, or on par with Gibsons?

Please let me know your experience and thoughts. I really love the expertise that exists on this forum. Thank so much!!

There were photos on this Forum long ago of the Texan and Frontier.The Texan was nothing like -just using up laminated swell backs.The Frontier used Korean scratch plates which were just white paint rope/cactus(not etched).That's all I know,except I think Mooseguy has an Excellente & I think he rates it,but not as high as the originals.This has the makings of a good topic!

Hi Dooger:

Great to hear that someone out there who is interested in the 1993-94 Bozeman reissues.

I am fortunate enough to own #7 of only 23 Excellentes that Bozeman reissued so I can speak only to this particular reissue. They were going to make 250 Excellentes but never did. Now about the quality issues that you may have read about concerning Bozeman reissues,my Excellente is a great sounding instrument, very high quality throughout, very well made and a finely finished guitar. It is solid Indian rose wood back & sides,natural top with engraved pickguard.

This reissue was made to high Bozeman standards and in no way compare to the later, much lessor quality veneered Korean reissues.

About value-In my 10 years of searching I have seen only one other Bozemane Excellente reissue which was found in Japan and sold in the US by

an American dealer for $5,000. This happened 5-6 years ago so it's your guess as to what one will bring today as their rarity is no exageration.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Regards,

Moose

P.S. Even Koreans have gone up in value as they are seemingly getting scarcer.

Hi Cunniingham

RaysEpi makes me feel like an absolute street person with the Excellentes that I am really "tied" down with.

Right now if I had 5 grand to spend on a guitar I'de probably be out chasing chicks to party with.

Regards,

Moose

Hi Cunniingham

RaysEpi makes me feel like an absolute street person with the Excellentes that I am really "tied" down with.

Right now if I had 5 grand to spend on a guitar I'de probably be out chasing chicks to party with.

Regards,

Moose

hahaha you and me both moose! But, i'll trade you a norlin-era j45 for an excellente. it doesnt have any strings on it, but the gibson logo on the headstock is really all you need to get those chicks, amiright?

Archived