School of Rock

Crossroads (1986)

A Hard Day's Night

Among others. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Help

That Thing You Do

any Elvis movie.

and whether you're a fan of Billy Joel or not the documentary called "Last Play At Shea" follows the history of the Piano Man and the stadium and all the events that occurred there. Highlights of the Beatles playing the first stadium show along with the Mets and Jets games of historical significance is intertwined with Joel's rise to pop star.

Movie ends with Sir Paul racing from the airport to join Billy on stage for the I Saw Her Standing There and Let It Be.

Joel thanks McCartney for letting them you his house.

It really is well done.

Ray (Ray Charles)

Tina (what's love got to do with it)

walk the line

Great ball of fire

La bamba (Richie Valance)

Sid and nancy (sid vicious sex pistols)

the Doors

Control (Ian Curtis)

Nowhere Boy

the buddy holly story

to mention just a few.

Bird (Charlie Parker biopic)

Jeff Beck: Performing This Week... Live at Ronnie Scott's (this is a must-see for all guitarists amazing guitar footage)

King Creole (the only Elvis Presley movie I recommend - he was still passionate back then)

Respect Yourself: The Stax Records Story

Stax Records 50th Anniversary Concert

The T.A.M.I. Show Collector's Edition

Steely Dan - Two Against Nature

Beyond the Sea (Kevin Spacey may have been a bit self-indulgent on this Bobby Darin biopic, but he did a great job 'doing' Bobby Darin)

It Might Get Loud - Jimmy Page is incredible

You're Gonna Miss Me - Roky Erickson had a tragic life, but he influenced a lot of stars including Janis Joplin

I'll think of dozens more as soon as I hit the "Send" button

"Back Beat" (about Stu Sutcliff, and The Beatles, in Hamburg)

"The Rose" (Bette Middler, doing a fictional "Janis Joplin" like character, basically)

"Black Snake Moan" (Redemption of Nympho (Christina Ricci), by a old "Blues man" (Sam Jackson).

"Lady Sings The Blues" (Diana Ross, plays Billy Holiday)

"Dream Girls" (a fictionalized "Supremes" like, movie.)

"Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains" (Diane Lane starts an all girl Punk band)

"Streets of Fire," (Wilem Defoe as a Motorcycle punk, and Diane Lane, as a girl Rock singer)

"Eddie & The Cruisers, and E&TC (Eddie Lives)...Michael Pare' plays a kind of "Bruce Springsteen" type character.

"Breaking Glass" Hazel O'Connor in her (fictionalized) "rise to stardom" flick, as a female "Punk" singer.

"Having a Wild Weekend" (Dave Clark Five's version, of "A Hard Days Night," basically.)

"A Star Is Born" (Kris Kristofferson, as burned out Rocker, and Barbara Streisand, as his "discovery"=New Muse/wife/replacement.)

Documentaries:

"The Last Waltz" ("The Band's" Final Performance)

"Shine A Light" (Rolling Stones, at the old Beacon Theater)

"No Direction Home" (Bob Dylan bio)

"Don't Look Back," Dylan in London 1965)

"The Other Side Of The Mirror" (Dylan at Newport Folk Festival)

"Runnin' Down A Dream" (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers)

"Pearl Jam Twenty" (Pearl Jam)

"Woodstock" extended version.

I'm sure I've forgotten many others, that haven't already been mention, above or previously, by others.

CB

Help

That Thing You Do

any Elvis movie.

and whether you're a fan of Billy Joel or not the documentary called "Last Play At Shea" follows the history of the Piano Man and the stadium and all the events that occurred there. Highlights of the Beatles playing the first stadium show along with the Mets and Jets games of historical significance is intertwined with Joel's rise to pop star.

Movie ends with Sir Paul racing from the airport to join Billy on stage for the I Saw Her Standing There and Let It Be.

Joel thanks McCartney for letting them you his house.

It really is well done.

+1 for That Thing You Do perfect example of how fast a band can go from TOP to FLOP

It Might Get Loud - Jimmy Page is incredible

was a little unsure about what i was thinkin of but some of your posts was along the way of what I was cosidering too! so joe bonnamassa's live at the royal albret hall is truly awesome! [love] and steve marriott's live at camden palace ,!really like it too ! [wink]

Yep, It Might Get Loud is one of my favorites. Great, original concept for a film. I want them to make a sequel. Imagine a Steve Vai, BB King and Andy Summers combination, or any other cool creative juxtaposition. Alex Lifeson, Johnny Marr and Neil Young lol.

I've seen a good number of the Elvis films. I like them all.

No Direction Home (Bob Dylan) is a masterpiece of a documentary. Probably one of my favorite films period, right up there with 2001: a Space Odyssey.

Stones in Exile is another great documentary.

When You're Strange is great too. Doors documentary, narrated by Johnny Depp.

Yeah, it's a Great movie, though not really a Music based story, per se'.

Still, it has a great Simon & Garfunkle sound track, for sure!! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

Yeah.... I thought about that before I posted it....but, as I said, the music was so important to the movie.

For a "music movie" I'd probably go the The Buddy Holly Story".

just recently saw on the doc chanel the clip called oil city confidential ! It's about the group

dr.feelgood ! I had almost forgotten about these guys till I spotted this flick!really did and do like thier stuff! [thumbup] so if you havent yet seen it you should! :lol: \:D/

Archived