Gibson Brands Forums

Thanks to all of you contributing music here

Guth

I wanted to say thanks to all who contribute to this forum by sharing their music here. It really makes this a great place to spend some time. Things have been particularly active in the past month. In the past few days in particular I've found a plethora of clips to check out on various threads and it's going to require some time to take them all in as I enjoy having the opportunity to listen to (and watch in the case of the videos) each and every one of them. I think having such a high percentage of those who contribute in this way is something that truly sets this forum apart from the other guitar-related forums that I frequent. It seems that on other forums most people can talk up a storm when it comes to guitars, but you'll find a much smaller percentage of those people actually making and sharing music with others. That's obviously not the case here.

I dig geeking out on guitars and looking at pictures of them just as much as the next person. But for me, nothing compares to actually hearing these instruments being used to make music. This post isn't meant to taunt anyone in any way — I understand that not everyone is equipped to record audio or video. But as more people are getting geared up to do so, I'm excited that those devices are being put to use for the purpose of sharing our music with each other here at the Gibson Acoustic Forum.

Please consider this my round of applause to all of you who have posted up your music here.

All the best,

Guth

Nice post Guth, thumbs up from me too.

I'm one of those that can't record etc at the minute (nor am I at that level of playin for public consumption haha). Hopefully with a bit more practice and a borrowed camcorder I'll be able to contribute eventually.

Really enjoying the forum recently too.

I wanted to say thanks to all who contribute to this forum by sharing their music here. It really makes this a great place to spend some time. Things have been particularly active in the past month. In the past few days in particular I've found a plethora of clips to check out on various threads and it's going to require some time to take them all in as I enjoy having the opportunity to listen to (and watch in the case of the videos) each and every one of them. I think having such a high percentage of those who contribute in this way is something that truly sets this forum apart from the other guitar-related forums that I frequent. It seems that on other forums most people can talk up a storm when it comes to guitars, but you'll find a much smaller percentage of those people actually making and sharing music with others. That's obviously not the case here.

I dig geeking out on guitars and looking at pictures of them just as much as the next person. But for me, nothing compares to actually hearing these instruments being used to make music. This post isn't meant to taunt anyone in any way — I understand that not everyone is equipped to record audio or video. But as more people are getting geared up to do so, I'm excited that those devices are being put to use for the purpose of sharing our music with each other here at the Gibson Acoustic Forum.

Please consider this my round of applause to all of you who have posted up your music here.

All the best,

Guth

+1 !!!!

All the best,

Guth

I am one of those sharing my own humble youtube attempts. I do it with pleasure. Ang I do it especially to make someone happy with my playin'&singin\ toomsp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Excellent post, Guth! I'm working on getting some kind of device to record with and post some videos with. Still haven't made up my mind yet. I was thinking of the Zoom video recorder and a few other brands. As soon as I get my stuff together, I look forward to sharing some videos and music also. At the moment, just pics and comments!!! A big round of applause from me also to the ones here who have already shared videos. Buc, Ann, JT, Mr. Gibbs, and others I've forgot, thanks for all you've contributed. I always look forward to surfing the Forum here, you never know what you're gonna find!

+1 yeah great post and very true..

It does take some balls to open yourself up to such seasoned people on here and take any criticism but thats the one thing I have noticed is that generally the people on here are pretty surportive and if they offer criticism they usually back it up with good reasoning and advice.

So yeah not only thanks to people who put their music up, but thanks to all the great people on here who welcome with open arms to any genuine Gibson or guitar/music lover and make it a nice experience to do rather than a nasty one where people just talk down at you (and worse).

Thumbs up to all of you [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup][biggrin]

Yeah, this is a pretty sweet forum. No reason to hesitate if you want to play/show your music. Great pickers to us barely adequate pickers----there's a place for everyone. I don't believe I've seen a thread where someone was trying to elevate themselves over the rest of the pickers. Lots of friendly kidding and lots of respect. It's all pretty-laid-back. Just play your music. [thumbup]

And another +1.

Gday all. Nice thread.I've recently got a zoom Q3 HD and have started contibuting the odd video here. I enjoy the experience and the interaction with like minded people. If anyone is considering getting some recording device you can check out my clips here as a guide.The video and sound is decent quality and it's dead easy to use.Point and shoot. I think they must sell in the states for around $250?...bit more in Oz where I am. Cheers

Gday all. Nice thread.I've recently got a zoom Q3 HD and have started contibuting the odd video here. I enjoy the experience and the interaction with like minded people. If anyone is considering getting some recording device you can check out my clips here as a guide.The video and sound is decent quality and it's dead easy to use.Point and shoot. I think they must sell in the states for around $250?...bit more in Oz where I am. Cheers

FB, I use the Zoom Q3, (maybe before the HD came out). Easy to use, and decent. I've had mine for awhile, but still learning stuff on it.

Where are you in Oz? I'm heading there next month to judge a dog show in Darling Harbor.

Ooooh, another big green lantern Guth, I agree wholeheartedly! I have been on hiatus for awhile but have been really enjoying the excellent videos people have posted (and it has inspired me to start playing again).

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Ooooh, another big green lantern Guth, I agree wholeheartedly! I have been on hiatus for awhile but have been really enjoying the excellent videos people have posted (and it has inspired me to start playing again).

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Karen, I am so glad to see you!!!!!!!msp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Yes, Ive also noticed how much playing clips have been posted recently and I also have been loving it. Its great to see a wide veriety also from great original, covers and fun things like the cover shootout !

I never tire of these clips so keep em comiong folks, dont be shy now !

Second waht Guth said, good one Bill !

Yea DRob I'm in based in Sydney but travel fair bit for work. You should enjoy Darling Harbour if you haven't been before....just don't leave out that "u"...Harbo(u)r.......or you might never find it haha

HAHA.... okay! Guess we're two countries separated by a common language!

Archived