Gibson Brands Forums

Now i see what all the fuss is about

Lazerface

Played a used j45 today at a guitar center. This axe soubded tasty with the first pluck, and even before that, felt amazing in my hands. What a magnificent instrument! Just wish i had 2k!!! And just what i needed was more gear on my list...

I never got Gibsons until one day I was at a GC and picked

up a J45. Started playing - kept on playing - kept putting it

down and picking it up. By the end of the 'session', I was

hooked. Now I am fortunate to have 6 Gibsons (J35 Fullers,

AJ, Gospel, LG1, B25N, and a sort-of Franken-Gibson.

Once you get hooked, watch out.

But it's sure fun.

G.

Some addictions are good. J45s are great guitars. For me, they have that sound that beckons-back to older and simpler times. Gibsons, in general, look like they belong on the frontporch with you on a warm summer evening, while kids are playing in the yard, the dog is lying at your feet, and you are softly picking your favorite song.

Some addictions are good. J45s are great guitars. For me, they have that sound that beckons-back to older and simpler times. Gibsons, in general, look like they belong on the frontporch with you on a warm summer evening, while kids are playing in the yard, the dog is lying at your feet, and you are softly picking your favorite song.

Yes I agree MP that's a wonderful description of a J45.

I have one, sits in the living room now but my kids would shoot me if I sold it. I play it now and again usually whilst waiting to go out with my wife (that's another story) and am amazed at what a great guitar it is. To our fellow member who wants one! Get an old one, but sorry not mines not for sale!

I sanded my saddle to lower the action, which was too high, and I'm loving it! Jammed last night with friends and heading out now for more. I also put Lights on it, I usually use mediums. An heck, I like it a lot with lights on it.

It has probably been 50 years since I played my first J-45. Back when I was first trying to figure the guitar out a friend of my Dad's offered to show me some chords and stuff. He had a J-45 he had bought brand spanking new right after leaving the service following WWII. Kinda a ahame though because at the time I did not know a good guitar from a can of tuna. But I will always associate the J-45 with those days when I had alot more chutzpah than talent and was in such a hurry to be able to pull music out of a guitar.

Archived