Gibson Brands Forums

Practiced with my Marshall after fixing it, it sounds great with a few dings!

FenderGuy1

WELL DONE! And that amp sounds pretty good to me, I'd go as far as to say it's about the best Hendrix tone I've heard on here.

I don't think the TV posts have done you any favours and I'm not gonna pretend I'm a fan of 'em, but you're young, some of the "adults" on here who have had a dig at you on this thread and insulted your amp should bloody well be ashamed of themselves IMHO.

When I was your age I had a VERY cheap Sunn Mustang ST-10 which really did blow hard. The vid is more evidence of your apparent potential. Don't let any bitter old farts put you off guitar, you really have raw talent and you WILL be a VERY good guitarist one day.

A +1 from me.

just a thought on the perception of what's supposed to be wonderful equipment !when looking back at the old bluesmen a lot of the instruments they used were at the time very cheap !and suffice to say there probably not many here that could/can play as good as them regardless of the instruments used! [-X so make the best of what you got!be happy don't worry. :-"

Guest farnsbarns

just a thought on the perception of what's supposed to be wonderful equipment !when looking back at the old bluesmen a lot of the instruments they used were at the time very cheap !and suffice to say there probably not many here that could/can play as good as them regardless of the instruments used! [-X so make the best of what you got!be happy don't worry. :-"

Abso-effin-lutely

+1

Great playing too Nathan, keep it up!

:)

Sounds good man keep it up........nothing wrong with solid state amps, they have there place...I remember being your age, I had to save just to get a new amp cord or set of strings so lets not expect the lad to own a $2000 orange head and a $1000 4 12 cab. FenderGuy just remember when your finding these old products keep in mind where they may have come from, cockroaches ( and other critters) get into everything and live for a long time, always good to inspect before bringing it home.

Thanks everybody, it just broke again today, so i am using my Ashton amplifier, it was my first amp anyway, (not the marshall but the ashton) it sounds great as a fuzz pedal as well, i use my mothers ashton guitar in the neck pickup and it sounds like Hendrix's Dallas Arbiter fuzz face

Archived