Gibson Brands Forums

Yay or nay?

Dub-T-123

Oh geez, another beautiful Tele to drool over (you know that's my next guitar!). I like the knobs.

Thanks!

You can't go wrong with a good Tele. It just covers a lot of bases and the sound has a lot of character. Plus I think they look pretty cool. Get one!

Nay here too. Love the Tele (and need to get one or two!) but I really like the stock knobs on them. When I saw Muddy Waters, he played a solid red Tele. Those knobs would probably work better on that, but I really still prefer stock.

I'm a traditionalist so I'd keep the standard knobs as a long-term look but it's hardly a day's work to swap from one to t'other. Just keep that tiny Allen-Key handy!

It's nice to have a change now and then so why not? Looks very cool in a 'I-picked-it-up-for-a-bargain-price-in-an-Alabama-pawn-shop' type way!

P.

Pippy - nah, I just got it off Craigslist in Los Angeles haha :P It was a bargain though. It was really clean when I got it

After some thought, I think the regular knobs look (and function) better. Maybe if I had some cool knobs with black skirts instead of silver..

Archived