Gibson Brands Forums

OK, Ric 12-string owners, what's your favorite amp?

charlie brown

Well, at this time I run a Lonestar Special Head plus 2x12 Cab and run in stereo with a Blues Jr.

However I am looking at one more amp to add to my arsenal and really like the Fender Custom

Vibrolux Reverb for good clean stuff. I believe it would suit my 360/12 well.

When you say "stereo," are you using the "Ric-0-sound," or simply a "Y" cable, into both amps?

Are you using a compressor, as well..."Jangle Box," "Keeley," "Dyna-comp," etc? I.E. guitar,

compressor, then into the two amps?

CB

I simply use an A/B/Y Box in order to play both amps. Jangle Box gose in the Lonestar Special,

Flashback into the Blues Jr..

This setup allows me to tweak both amps to my liking e.g. one amp with Delay and Reverb and the

other one slightly overdriven.

Although I don't have a 360/12 (yet) I have a Vox Phantom XII and with the middle and bridge pups engaged (you have to fiddle with the selector like you would a Strat because it's a 3-way)You can get a very reasonable "jangle" that's almost Rick like.I use my Vox AD120VTH set on AC30 TB and it`s pure magic.I hope to have a 360/12 or some other 12 string Rick by the end of this year-that's if I can stop dipping into my Stopped Smooking Rick Fund and buying things like the RotoChoir I ordered today lol.After the Rick 12 there will be either a 325V63 or an AC30.Since I quit smoking I have money to burn-I was burning it quite literally when I was smoking.

Without question it is my Dr Z Z Wreck. This amplifier brings out the best tone from any guitar you plug into it and the Ric 360/12 is no exception. It's a loud amplifier and this is the only downside. I use it at home with a Dr Z brakelite attenuator. I prefer my Fender Electric XII to my Ric 360/12 for most purposes. It is easier to play, MUCH easier to re-string, stays in tune reliably, the intonation is perfect, and it has has a great sound. It doesn't sound like a Ric, which is why I keep the 360/12.

DC...how do you like your "Jagle Box?" Do you have the black one, or the silver version?

No big deal, just curious....

CB

Got the red one and like it a lot although it is a bit noisy.

Roger McGuinn recommends it.

Got the red one and like it a lot although it is a bit noisy.

Roger McGuinn recommends it.

Noisy??? Really??? I thought "Jangle Box" compressors,

were known for being among the quietest? [confused]:-k If not,

I'll guess I'll stay where I am, with my plain vanilla Boss

CS-2 & CS-3. They're pretty quiet, at the settings I use.

It does get a bit noisy, if everything is "dimmed." But, at

(my) usable/preferred settings, They're not all that noisy.

CB

Archived