Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson firebird custom

Motherofpearl

I recently bought one of these had it about 2 months now and I have gotta say this is the best acoustic I have ever laid hands on what a beautiful masterpiece every strings clarity stands out its incredible. Anyone else have a similar experiance

I recently bought one of these had it about 2 months now and I have gotta say this is the best acoustic I have ever laid hands on what a beautiful masterpiece every strings clarity stands out its incredible. Anyone else have a similar experiance

others have praised it too !!! recently Buc who played a lefty one.

JC

I played one today – the second I've tried and they've both been fantastic. Todays ex. was nothing but stunning. Almost too good – which means it made me think it might be too luxurious for the rather common repertoire of folk-songs I normally play (which go from American Tune over Jamaica Say You Will and 12 bar blues to Heart of Gold and Colours).

Maybe it lacks earth/street/'reality' - I'm far from sure.

What's certain is that my mind has been circling around this model for a couple of years now. But it's expensive and I would have to think twice and even reshuffle the herd before approaching the guitar. The vision continues, , , I will definitely play one again. . .

Yes sir! The Forebird I played last month at the shop was out-friggin'-standing, easily among the best acoustics I've ever laid hands on. If it were not for the long scale I likely would have bought it (long scale and I don't get along). They seem to be one of those special attention to detail guitars that Montana builds.....it was a very, very fine instrument.

Yes the long scale is the only downfall for sure! But I got mine used and in mint condition for which I felt was a great price so I closed the deal right away. I will have this guitar for life. Glad a few of you chimed in nice to know there is interest out there not much has been said about This model from what I've read!

Heck I never even seen one. But didn't onewilyfool own a Firebird Custom? Maybe he will chime in.

Yep, I had one and it was a GREAT guitar! It was TOOOOO pretty for me, and I was always worried about damaging it...lol...I was always so careful with the thing that I was up tight every time I played it...lol....That being said, it did have a little too much bling for me, BUT the back grain was absolutely beautiful. You could meditate on that back grain!!!! Sound was great, strumming or finger style. I kind of miss that one, but I'm sure it went to a good home!

IMGP0052.jpg

IMGP0053.jpg

IMGP0049.jpg

Yep, I had one and it was a GREAT guitar! It was TOOOOO pretty for me, and I was always worried about damaging it...lol...I was always so careful with the thing that I was up tight every time I played it...lol....That being said, it did have a little too much bling for me, BUT the back grain was absolutely beautiful. You could meditate on that back grain!!!! Sound was great, strumming or finger style. I kind of miss that one, but I'm sure it went to a good home!

I sense you must have been on the first wave Wily - wrong ? , , , and was yours as pale as the ones out now.

That's a bit of an issue to me - and I recently saw an ex. one tone darker.

I sense you must have been on the first wave Wily - wrong ? , , , and was yours as pale as the ones out now.

That's a bit of an issue to me - and I recently saw an ex. one tone darker.

Mine was from the first run of limited guitars...I think it had a little toner on it or had already mellowed in tone by the time I got it.....it was beyond good looking!

Mine was from the first run of limited guitars...I think it had a little toner on it or had already mellowed in tone by the time I got it.....it was beyond good looking!

Yeah thought so – wow, what a move to let it go. . . .

So many blessed hours in front of you with those 2. And yes, I see the somewhat darker hue.

If I in my dreams should custom order, it would be based on a Firebird (the thought came yesterday). It won't happen soon though.

Back to your aviary – You're a lucky man.

IMGP0052.jpg

IMGP0053.jpg

IMGP0049.jpg

What a beautiful guitar!

Man I am so very tempted to go buy that Firebird from Southpaw Guitars! It is an outstanding instrument! Yes it is long scale, not my preferred player, but now that I have two short scale guitars it would not be my one-and-only main guitar. Got the cash......and the time.....oh my...... [unsure]

(...bit of rationalization going on there, huh.)

Man I am so very tempted to go buy that Firebird from Southpaw Guitars! It is an outstanding instrument! Yes it is long scale, not my preferred player, but now that I have two short scale guitars it would not be my one-and-only main guitar. Got the cash......and the time.....oh my...... [unsure]

(...bit of rationalization going on there, huh.)

I say go for it!!

Archived