Gibson Brands Forums

My First Les Paul

Danner

I've never owned a really good electric, this Custom Classic is my first. I'm in my 50's and have played since college. I got to say, I am TOALLY BLOWN AWAY by this guitar. It plays easily and effortlessly, it sound fantastic and it is gorgeous. If feels wonderful in every way. And, it was inexpensive. Yes, inexpensive at $1900. I'm just gushing, sorry.

You know, I think Gibson did us a big favor with this model. I think they were worried about the baked maple fret board, and decided to make this fantastic guitar to introduce maple in an irresistible way. This guitar could sell at $3000. I don't think Gibson will keep this model for long. Once maple gets into the main stream, this LPCC will be reintroduced as a slightly different model at a much higher price.

Mark my words.

Well could you show us some pics of your new axe? I am not to familiar with the custom classic les paul. I have seen a few posted on the net for sale and I thought those looked pretty good. I have played a few les pauls and I like the slimmer neck more than the thicker 50's profile.I used to have a les paul custom 1981 model with the slim neck on it. Post some pics of yours would you? Tim

Hi all! These CC's are really great! The first two weeks I was owning mine I've spent between my two big amps (stereo wiring). Now I am spending my time at work, doing terrible amounts of overtime to be able pay it till the end of the month. Not complaining...it worth the pain. :) Cheers... Bence

I've never owned a really good electric, this Custom Classic is my first. I'm in my 50's and have played since college. I got to say, I am TOALLY BLOWN AWAY by this guitar. It plays easily and effortlessly, it sound fantastic and it is gorgeous. If feels wonderful in every way. And, it was inexpensive. Yes, inexpensive at $1900. I'm just gushing, sorry.

You know, I think Gibson did us a big favor with this model. I think they were worried about the baked maple fret board, and decided to make this fantastic guitar to introduce maple in an irresistible way. This guitar could sell at $3000. I don't think Gibson will keep this model for long. Once maple gets into the main stream, this LPCC will be reintroduced as a slightly different model at a much higher price.

Mark my words.

I kind of thought the LP Classic Custom was priced attractively to get people to try the new maple fretboard too. I'm glad they priced it at what they did regardless of the reason because it is a fantastic guitar. [thumbup]

Archived