Gibson Brands Forums

`IS MY MESA TRANSATLANTIC 2X12 LOUD ENOUGH TO PLAY IN A BAND?

STAR CHILD

Hey Guy's,

I have a question for you all, Is my MESA TRANSATLANTIC 30 2X12 loud enough

to compete with a drummer in a band? She tops out at 40 watts, then can go

down to 25 watts, and 15 watts! The amp is really designed like an old school

amp, but she has a modeern burn channel too!

Thanks for everyones input!

Hey Guy's,

I have a question for you all, Is my MESA TRANSATLANTIC 30 2X12 loud enough

to compete with a drummer in a band? She tops out at 40 watts, then can go

down to 25 watts, and 15 watts! The amp is really designed like an old school

amp, but she has a modeern burn channel too!

Thanks for everyones input!

Yes, a 40 watt Mess of Boogies should be plenty loud. Just be kind and don't scoop your mids. Also, if you need help hearing your self get the amp/cab off of the floor and onto a chair or stand. You'd be amazed how much difference that can make.

Yes, a 40 watt Mess of Boogies should be plenty loud. Just be kind and don't scoop your mids. Also, if you need help hearing your self get the amp/cab off of the floor and onto a chair or stand. You'd be amazed how much difference that can make.

AMEN! 90% of the trouble I have with over-loud guitarists when I'm mixing a show is because they have an amp in a position where they can't hear it. Typically, they are standing right in front of a combo, and the sound is traveling out around their legs. If I ask them to turn down a bit, the player invariably responds defensively that he "can't even hear it now" and blames the drummer for being too loud. If I put the amp on a stand, with a slight tilt back, the guy usually mellows out and turns down with no problem.

Yes it is, I have a the Transat 15 and believe me it is more than loud enough, I have had some rehearsal with it and I was only on the 15w position not even on the 25W, and we played song like Just Got Paid so, rock song with a drummer and another guitar player.

So the transat30 is more than loud enough :)

Archived