Gibson Brands Forums

The J-45 Gallery Thread

Gio

I have seen a lot of appreciation for J-45's on this forum, which is quite obvious...

I love my J-45 ADJ reissue a lot. And, in general, I love the J-45 shape and playability. And even if tone can vary a lot from model to model and from series to series, I have appreciated most of the J-45's I have played so far. In fact I fancy a slope shoulder collection in my future [rolleyes]

So I am humbling asking you to post pics of your J-45's in a single thread for us slope shoulder addicts to drool on. I suppose Southern Jumbos belong here too. I wonder about AJ's... I'll leave that up to you!

I'll start with my Cherry Wonder:

P1070497.jpg

P1070500.jpg

Soon the tuners will be upgraded to Waverlies with oval white buttons.

Did I mention that I REALLY love this guitar?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love a J-45! Yours looks a bit on the orange side of red. There was a red one at Fullers last year that was quite cool. The Norlin era guard is kinda neat too. I would advise against changing the machines to Waverlys.....the post length, bushing diameter and screw holes are not a match at all. You'll have to do some wood mods and be left with some extra holes in the headstock. Your guitar though, of course. I'll put up a shot of my TV this evening...........

The top is really red. I can't get the proper color on a picture, unfortunately.

As for the tuners, you're right Buc, the luthier will have a little additional work. However I decided to change the tuners after I realised the guitar is definitely a keeper.

The top is really red. I can't get the proper color on a picture, unfortunately.

As for the tuners, you're right Buc, the luthier will have a little additional work. However I decided to change the tuners after I realised the guitar is definitely a keeper.

First one I've seen like that. Very nice.

Ok, I'm technologically challenged - how in the world do you get such large size photos on here? Mine are like 35 + KB - the ones I see here are like some other kind of byte. I'm going to stop thinking about this, and going back to trying to learn Travis Picking 101 - 5-2-3-1 here I come !

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o526/duluthdan/J-45Crack.jpg[/img]"]My link

Get a hosting account - Photobucket.com is free. Upload your pics there, then copy the "Direct link" into the "Insert image" tool of the Post editor on this forum.

Here's help - http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/11005-sticky-how-to-post-photos/

BTW, nice show guys. . B)

An experiment.

Archived