Gibson Brands Forums

What strings are used at the factory

noluck

I recently bought a 50's Tribute Humbucker model and actually like the factory strings. I believe they are Bright Wires but am not sure. It's time for a string change and I am wondering if my D'addario EXL110 Nickel wounds are briger or more mellow than the default strings. Or what type of strings these are or what compares to them that I can get in bulk. Like Super Slinky ect.

Thanks

I recently bought a 50's Tribute Humbucker model and actually like the factory strings. I believe they are Bright Wires but am not sure. It's time for a string change and I am wondering if my D'addario EXL110 Nickel wounds are briger or more mellow than the default strings. Or what type of strings these are or what compares to them that I can get in bulk. Like Super Slinky ect.

Thanks

I've had Britewires and re-issue from factory but I actually prefer Ernie Ball Slinky's 10's

Personal preference. You will likely get a variety of responses.

Thanks

I use EXL110's exclusively on my Les Pauls, their definately my preference. as for "SOUND" their isn't much difference, not obvious at least...

I think the vintage type models (like yours) come with Vintage Reissue strings and others use Bright Wires. Of course I could be wrong. For this question, I'd suggest calling Gibson Customer Service. Unless it's changed in the last year or so, they are open 24/7 and have good model knowledge. Should be able to get a straight up (and correct) answer from them.

I've had Britewires and re-issue from factory but I actually prefer Ernie Ball Slinky's 10's

Personal preference. You will likely get a variety of responses.

+1 in the Ernie Ball Slinky's. All my Les Paul's came with Brightwires which I quickly switched over to Slinky's. No looking back, especially if you bend a lot. They stay in tune better than any strings I've tried.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm sorry I didn't get back here sooner. I'm going to restring with my D'addario's as I have probably 15 packs for my other gutiar. If it's any diffrent I'll go with some Ernie Balls. It never hurts to play around. And it's a good excuse to visit my local music store.

I use EXL110's exclusively on my Les Pauls, their definately my preference. as for "SOUND" their isn't much difference, not obvious at least...

nice axe there in the pic...excuse me as this may be a dumb question I am asking but, what kind of jack is on this les paul and what does it do? Have never saw one before, Tim

nice axe there in the pic...excuse me as this may be a dumb question I am asking but, what kind of jack is on this les paul and what does it do? Have never saw one before, Tim

That is one of gibson's locking guitar jack's from one of the new "standards".

Archived