Gibson Brands Forums

Upgarde of Pick Ups

4Hayden

"Better" sound is purely subjective. While I think that combo in my '50s Tribute is the best of any guitar I've ever owned, others will likely think they suck.

The only way to know for sure is for you to try out different gits with various pickups and decide which sounds best to your ear.

It's crazy,

I have been playing an Epiphone SG for so long that now I have a Gibson SG Standard I feel like my pickups couldn't get any better! I am really pleased with the pickups in mine, however if I had the money I would try out some nice hand wired ones that are out there.

different pickups sound well different with different amps and guitars, bright amps, guitars and pickups may be to much, lot's of choices, it's best to figure the sound your after, think about your current amp and guitar, what pickups you currently have and what's missing, then what pick might fit in.

What would you say is lacking in your current pickups set?

I have them in a Nashville Flood Anniversary & Custom,I was wondering if the 500 would be better .Guess I'll go with some hot wired ones, I just want a clear better tone.

The only pick up change I've ever made, was on a 80's les paul custom, I used 57 classics , they sounded great !

57 Classics to my ears are the best sounding humbucking pickup out there, doesn't hurt that there was a real nice Les Paul attached to them.

Archived