Gibson Brands Forums

My New Heritage Comes today.

Steven Tari

Well after all the work gone into. Figuring what I wanted in a ES-339 sized guitar and not having the patience to get Gibson to do it for me. I will today receive my new guitar. Heritage was the closest company I could get to Gibson and I have no complaints.The guitar I picked out was their Millineum D.C.. Its a good ES-339 size and I liked the look. I asked if they would take pictures of the building and they took pictures of the build of the guitar and asked questions when they got to a part they had to talk to me about. Especially when it came to the pickups. I took the set up from a Zephyer Blues Deluxe. I bought my Zephyr when it was first out for 1400. Now their half that price, But I have a habit of messing with them to find out what they'll do and I was surprised at the tones I got from mixing the Pickup's. Then I came to find out the reason was because the center pickup was wound in reverse of the other two. So with that in mind and also putting in a switch to hold some of my favorite pickup mixs. I used that knowledge for my pickup setup. The color was to be like a graphite and oil mix. I looked at a lot of guitar colorings and liked the transblack that Heritage guitars had. I wanted all gold hardware but after seeing some other guitars that way, Kinda toned down on it. no gold knobs and the pickups were done in black, but the screws were changed to gold. With the smaller guitar I'm hoping to get the mellow sounds I'm hoping for. well I guess I'll find out in a couple hours.It's a one of a kind baby.

That's a true beauty! I once had a Epi Les Paul bass (Vinnie Hornsby carved top) that had a similar finish called Silver-burst. It was a Flame-top too, and I have to tell you that your guitar will look 100X better in person than in the pictures (and it looks great in the pictures). You're gonna love it - Enjoy [thumbup]

Guest farnsbarns

I thought you had it. Bet you can't stop looking out the window! I never get anything done on delivery day.

Please post a vid or sound clip once you've had your alone time.

Nice one.. Enjoy :)

By the way your avatar should come with an epileptic fit wraning lol.. It does my eyes in

So here's my new avatar. Me and my girl taking our new RV on a test drive when I picked it up.

Archived