Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone SG

Mart_9thera

Hello I have brought an EPiphone SG from eBay recently and it has a bound neck is this rare on an epiphone SG?

Congrats on your SG purchase. Lovely looking guitar too.

HNGD

imagescamidfxq.jpg

Welcome to the forum, hope you like it here. Lots of friendly and helpful people. [biggrin]

Cheer

Paul

Ah yes, a white SG Custom with a Maestro. Looks as sweet as the blond in the picture.

Hey Blueman,

I liked the geet so much I even bought 2 coffee mugs with the picture on it.

One for Gillian and one for me. :rolleyes:

sgcustommug.jpg

[drool] (Would've loved to have ordered the blond too but....... Gillian doesn't

feel that I need that kind of distraction). [rolleyes][flapper]

Paul

The issue of rarity has been addressed.. but those large inlays look good on a neck with binding. There are some newer models that have dot inlays with binding, which looks a bit cheap, IMO.

I happen to think that large inlays should always accompany binding.. they sorta make a statement that there's something special about a model.

Bill

Hello I have brought an EPiphone SG from eBay recently and it has a bound neck is this rare on an epiphone SG?

Hey Blueman,

I liked the geet so much I even bought 2 coffee mugs with the picture on it.

One for Gillian and one for me. :rolleyes:

sgcustommug.jpg

[drool] (Would've loved to have ordered the blond too but....... Gillian doesn't

feel that I need that kind of distraction). [rolleyes][flapper]

Paul

I'll have to order the mug and the blond...I wonder if they have a package deal?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Congratulations on your purchase.

I think that I may have read somewhere recently that the Faded Cherry G-400 comes with a visibly bound neck (and I know that I did read, also, that the regular Cherry version does have a bound neck, but that the color is very similar to the Cherry, so the binding is difficult to notice).

Gvdv.

Archived