Gibson Brands Forums

What was your first car?

dem00n

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first car was a 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger with a slant 6. Wasn't really the coolest car in the world, but I guarantee you could not kill that engine, as hard as you might try.

I actually love those cars. The Slant 6 engine was really cool.

Having said that, mine was a '85 Honda Accord that my grandparents bought new, my parents bought from them, and they gave to me. That car forever sold me on Japanese cars: got it with 124,000 miles on it and drove it back and fourth from Idaho and Ohio at least six times.

My 1st 3 cars were Mustangs,when I turned 17 I bought a 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang in powder blue with a 260 cid motor

2nd was a 1965 Mustang Shelby mustang fastback with a hi-po 289,factory headers and dual point distributer,wish I had pics after it was repainted in fire engine red with reverse chrome with baby moon wheels.

Then a 1971 mustang mach 1 in my opinion one of the best looking mustangs made even though it doubled in weight from the early ones and was totally a different style.It had a 351 cleveland motor and was extremaly fast.Then the car collecting started boy that got to expensive for me.Wish I had some pics but that was 1977 through around 1985 well before digital cameras.

I'm getting my license soon, i'm "borrowing" a car but soon i'll have to buy my own first car. So what was your first car?

It was cheap or free!preferably a chevy!! [tongue] [tongue]

It was a 1948 chevy stylemaster? deluxe 2door for a whopping $10.00 !ran like a top the best $10.00 bucks I ever spent!! [thumbup]

My first car was a 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger with a slant 6. Wasn't really the coolest car in the world, but I guarantee you could not kill that engine, as hard as you might try.

Mine was a 1968 Dodge Dart 272 special (272V8).. I agree about Mopar engines. Car fell apart (body/trans/carb/auto adjusting drum brakes)... The engine on the other hand is likely still powering something somewhere...

I hope no one expected anything unusual from me.

"First" car.... $100...... 1950 Cadillac 2-Door hardtop. Drove it about a month, blew a head gasket, I pulled off the head, and never finished putting it back together.

(hardly counts, eh?)

So "First" car was a 1960 Olds Dynamic 88. Bought on "on time" back in 1965, (I think it was like $35/month), and I was scared about making those payments!

No photos survived.

A very used (but not abused) '59 Chevy Bel Air...in 1967.

(Like the one pictured)195920Chevrolet20Bel20Air20090.jpg

Obviously, it was pretty basic transportation, but I was

thrilled, to have it, at the time. "Freedom!" [biggrin]

The "Muscle Cars" ('65 SS Imapla coupe, '68 SS-396 Chevelle, and

Camero) came later... :rolleyes:

CB

I hope no one expected anything unusual from me.

"First" car.... $100...... 1950 Cadillac 2-Door hardtop. Drove it about a month, blew a head gasket, I pulled off the head, and never finished putting it back together.

(hardly counts, eh?)

So "First" car was a 1960 Olds Dynamic 88. Bought on "on time" back in 1965, (I think it was like $35/month), and I was scared about making those payments!

No photos survived.

Damn Rob, I though this was your first ride.

chariot_military.jpg

Looks straight outa "Dazed and Confused" [thumbup]

Looks straight outta my high school parking lot!

Mine was a '67 Olds Cutlass 2 door handed down to me from my parents.

It was big. Had a 330 and a 2 speed auto - not super fast. Looked exactly

like this one...

Cutlass.jpg

Looks straight outta my high school parking lot!

That's cause it was straight out of the High School parking lot. [thumbup] If I had to guess I would say Iron Maiden was jamming on the car stereo when this picture was taken.

Mine was a 69 chevelle SS 396 bought it from an x g/f's mom...i think i paid 800ish...my mom helped me plus i had had a paper route for quite some time by then,blew the motor,rings were shot.Me and a friend put a 350 in it from a junkyard.I got married few yrs later and moved to FLA,my x brother in law traded it to someone while i was gone,never saw it again. [cursing]

Archived