Gibson Brands Forums

looking to buy a Synapse

Ric N Backer

I have a Spirit that I absolutely love. while my Rickenbacker 4003 is my primary I find myself playing the spirit more and more. its so much fun and to tones I get out of this thing is what I have been looking for.

so, if the spirit is so good at $399 the Synapse must be out of this world at a G right??

so, other than what I can read and understand about the Specs of the Synapse.....how does it compare in playability and sound to the Spirit?

• 1 month later...

I have a Spirit that I absolutely love. while my Rickenbacker 4003 is my primary I find myself playing the spirit more and more. its so much fun and to tones I get out of this thing is what I have been looking for.

so, if the spirit is so good at $399 the Synapse must be out of this world at a G right??

so, other than what I can read and understand about the Specs of the Synapse.....how does it compare in playability and sound to the Spirit?

Can't compare as I'm new to guitar playing but I have the Transcale Synapse (ST-2FPA, custom blue) and I like it very much. I struggle to play it with the capo off because of the higher string action in that position (see my other post). Anyways, if I decide to downgrade to the slightly smaller SS-2F I'll probably sell mine on eBay and will post a link here (if that's allowed?) Bought in in January so it's in pristine condition....

steinberger-synapse-transcale-st-2fpa-custom-tl.jpg

Archived