Gibson Brands Forums

On a happier note, my guitar.

Gibson101

As a proud owner of an SJ-300 I just wanted to say that Gibson makes some amazing guitars. From the sheer beauty of this beast to the smoothest neck I have ever played, I smile every time i play it. I had some fret issues recently fixed and I can't put this thing down. Great sound, great looks and easy to play, this is what Gibson is about.

I find playing this guitar allows my mind to relax and the only thing I think about while playing is what it takes to produce the sounds I like and how lucky I am to have it.

On a side note I need to throw some new strings on the SJ-300, I currently have some Gibson strings on it and love them, I just don't know what they are. Can anyone recommend Gibson strings for an SJ-300 and J-45 Rosewood?

Thanks.

IMG_1054-1.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

I'll be happy to hear what people use on the J45 RW's, I had mine a week and the string are starting to deaden, i got some d'addarios exp12(coated 80/20 bronze), that i was gonna wack on my other acoustic.

I know this might sound daft, but would the 13's be ok on the gibson, i bought them for my cheaper guitar. I have read on a few forums, that if you use 13's then they are ok if they're tuned down because of the pressure they can cause on the guitar?

Cheers

Gruff

I never even knew there was such a thing as a J-300. I guess I need to get out more.

Real Purty - too bad it ain't a burst though - Ahhh, just teasing ya.

You can't go wrong with 13s.

I was in a natural phase, I kind of wish both the J-45 and Sj-300 had bursts, at least sometimes I do. They both have real nice tops so natural is good too!

I never even knew there was such a thing as a J-300. I guess I need to get out more. ....

That's a name that's bounced around, isn't it? - J-200 Elite, J-200 Custom, J-300 - aren't they all basically a J-200 with rosewood b/s and abalone?

Beautiful guitars. . B)

What a pair of beauties. [thumbup]

As for strings if you haven't tried out Gibson SJ200 strings than give them a try. Put them on a EJ200 a while back and made the guitar sound way better than the price tag would suggest.

Hey Mork, sorry, I have a 2004 SJ200, and never heard of "Gibson SJ200 strings" ! Googled them and got nano nano. Can you give us a link?

Hey Mork, sorry, I have a 2004 SJ200, and never heard of "Gibson SJ200 strings" ! Googled them and got nano nano. Can you give us a link?

Sorry about that, they're Gibson J-200 Phospher Bronze Strings. When compared to Gibson Masterbuilt Premiums on the EJ200 the J200 Strings were easier on the fingers, made the guitar louder with a better low end and a crisper top. Really woke the guitar up.

10446971_13337412_trimmed.jpg

Thanks Morkolo. I'll look for them next time I'm in GC, and try instead of the pricier Elixir long lifes

Beautiful guitar Gibson101.... My SJ200 is natural and I think it just goes much better with the maple b/s.

I guess the Super Jumbo is so big, dark is sort of ... a lot of dark, even if sunburst. Also, imho, natural spruce sets off the abalone a lot better. Congrats!

Archived