Gibson Brands Forums

Restoring a 1930 Gibson L-1

Ok Here Is How You Can Restore Back your 1930 Gibson... I Would Recommend Making A Full Restoration.. I Fix Guitars So I Know What's Best For It.. Go Ahead And Adjust Your Action. Adjust Your Action If You Don't Know How To do That Go To A"Guitar Tech" A Guitar Tech You Trust... That Is Not Really Expensive. That's Step Number 1.

2. Get A "DAMPIT" Guitar Humidifier Here The DAMPIT Guitar Humidifier Click Place Order.. This Is How You Use A DAMPIT Put DAMPIT On Water Soak It In There For About 20 Seconds Now The DAMPIT The water in the DAMPIT is going to drip (of course) Don't Let That Go On Your Guitar Just Wipe Everything In The Towel Until It's Dry Then Put It In The Guitar SoundHole And Leave It There...And Check The Next Day If It's Hard If The DAMPIT Is Hard Then Your Guitar Is Really Thirsty You Can Use A DAMPIT Over,Over,Over Again.. no need to throw away I Recommend Getting the Super Dampits with the link I Gave You It's Only About $32.45 $32 Dollars For A Super DAMPIT

3. Polish Your Guitar Up With This: Great Professor Greens Guitar Polish Click Store In The Link I Gave You Buy 5 Of Them They are Great To Keep Your Guitar Spotless It Is A Guitar Ploish And FretBoard Conditioner So You Can Spray It At Your FretBoard And Spray It At The Entire Guitar And Wipe It Down With A Clean Cloth. Do The Same When Outting Professor Green's Guitar Polish On Your FretBoad Spray It On Your FretBoard And Dry It With A Clean Cloth..

4. Put Some NEW Strings On your Guitar!!! If You Are Just A Regular Player Then Here Is The Guitar Strings For You!!!!!!martin Acoustic LifeSpan Strings Those Are Martin Lifespan Strings That IS A Light Gauge (10-47) That Is A Great String I Was going To Show You Some Elixir Strings But The Don't Have A Light Gauge As Well (Elixir Strings Are Very Sticky And Nice Coating) Elixir Does Not have The Light Gauge. So, Just go Ahead And Buy the Martin Lifespan Strings! I Tell You to use Light Gauge Because They Are Easy To Bend And They Are Easy To Press Down.

Well, That's All To Make A Playable GIBSON!!!!!!!!! If You Need More Help Just Post What Happened When Following This Instructions..

-Joshua

Ok Here Is How You Can Restore Back your 1930 Gibson... I Would Recommend Making A Full Restoration.. I Fix Guitars So I Know What's Best For It.. Go Ahead And Adjust Your Action. Adjust Your Action If You Don't Know How To do That Go To A"Guitar Tech" A Guitar Tech You Trust... That Is Not Really Expensive. That's Step Number 1.

2. Get A "DAMPIT" Guitar Humidifier Here The DAMPIT Guitar Humidifier Click Place Order.. This Is How You Use A DAMPIT Put DAMPIT On Water Soak It In There For About 20 Seconds Now The DAMPIT The water in the DAMPIT is going to drip (of course) Don't Let That Go On Your Guitar Just Wipe Everything In The Towel Until It's Dry Then Put It In The Guitar SoundHole And Leave It There...And Check The Next Day If It's Hard If The DAMPIT Is Hard Then Your Guitar Is Really Thirsty You Can Use A DAMPIT Over,Over,Over Again.. no need to throw away I Recommend Getting the Super Dampits with the link I Gave You It's Only About $32.45 $32 Dollars For A Super DAMPIT

3. Polish Your Guitar Up With This: Great Professor Greens Guitar Polish Click Store In The Link I Gave You Buy 5 Of Them They are Great To Keep Your Guitar Spotless It Is A Guitar Ploish And FretBoard Conditioner So You Can Spray It At Your FretBoard And Spray It At The Entire Guitar And Wipe It Down With A Clean Cloth. Do The Same When Outting Professor Green's Guitar Polish On Your FretBoad Spray It On Your FretBoard And Dry It With A Clean Cloth..

4. Put Some NEW Strings On your Guitar!!! If You Are Just A Regular Player Then Here Is The Guitar Strings For You!!!!!!martin Acoustic LifeSpan Strings Those Are Martin Lifespan Strings That IS A Light Gauge (10-47) That Is A Great String I Was going To Show You Some Elixir Strings But The Don't Have A Light Gauge As Well (Elixir Strings Are Very Sticky And Nice Coating) Elixir Does Not have The Light Gauge. So, Just go Ahead And Buy the Martin Lifespan Strings! I Tell You to use Light Gauge Because They Are Easy To Bend And They Are Easy To Press Down.

Well, That's All To Make A Playable GIBSON!!!!!!!!! If You Need More Help Just Post What Happened When Following This Instructions..

-Joshua

Uhh.... I think it needed a little more than that. Anyway it has a new top on it so I think we are past the point of just needing a dampit....

Archived