Gibson Brands Forums

Newbie with some questions on upgrades

swishersweets

Hi I just recently purchased the epiphone ace frehley budokan guitar.

I seen a few topics about upgrading the electronics and switches on epiphones.

Can anyone give me a link to a kit that would work well with this triple pick up beast.

I've seen mentioned cts pots and switch craft switches come up alot.

Since i don't physically have the guitar yet, still waiting for it to ship.. maybe i dont need to upgrade it at all possibly?

Can anyone give me a link to a kit that would work well with this triple pick up beast.

Since i don't physically have the guitar yet, still waiting for it to ship.. maybe i dont need to upgrade it at all possibly?

I have an Epi 2001 Ace model and imo it is great the way it is.I own several guitars and in comparison,it holds its own.

I have an Epi 2001 Ace model and imo it is great the way it is.I own several guitars and in comparison,it holds its own.

I have a 2003 Ace Model. The only thing i have ever had done to it was put in a new switch. The old one snapped on the end when the case got knocked over.

post-40589-037072200 1331608067_thumb.jpg

Wait for a few months before you make any decisions. No need fixing what is not broke.

A lot of those changes are from people who should have bought a Gibson in the first place. Older Epiphones did have cheap electronics that needed to be replaced.

Someone at Epi got smart and decided to use better parts in the newer models. So just sit back and enjoy your new guitar. Don't Worry be Happy.

Im prety sure that the Epi signature guitars with US made pickups all get Alpha pots and CTS switches. If thats the cse with the Ace guitar, Id leave it alone untill you get a few months of use out of it and figure if guts replacement is realy neccesary as those are alrady upgraded over the typical MIC guts found in the less expensive non signature models.

Archived