Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
plagueskill

What model SG is this?

I think I see a volute on that guitar (69-81), along with the small block markers I'm thinking 70s.

Also, that switch placement is a clue - it only shows up in that spot now and then.

A good price for a Standard, maybe too good. That case isn't original and not made for an SG style guitar.

Give it a good look over and play it through an amp.

A good price for a Standard, maybe too good. That case isn't original and not made for an SG style guitar.

Give it a good look over and play it through an amp.

Yeah, a bit hesitant about the guitar too, way to good a price. Called and left a message, it was a pawnshop oddly enough.

I think I see a volute on that guitar (69-81), along with the small block markers I'm thinking 70s.

Also, that switch placement is a clue - it only shows up in that spot now and then.

Yes, I wondered if it was possibly early 70's with those block inlays, although the Std's had the harmonica bridge from about 70-74. Mind you, it could have been changed of course.

With that selector switch placement, lack of substantial beveling (especially between horns, and neck),

and the neck markers, it seems to be a 1984 SG Standard. I Googled that year of SG, and saw identical

versions, although in different colors.

http://search.aol.com/aol/image?s_it=topsearchbox.image&v_t=enus-mh-1_-aol-ws-na-dt&imgsz=&imgtype=&imgc=&q=Gibson+1984+SG

CB

With that selector switch placement, lack of substantial beveling (especially between horns, and neck),

and the neck markers, it seems to be a 1984 SG Standard. I Googled that year of SG, and saw identical

versions, although in different colors.

http://search.aol.com/aol/image?s_it=topsearchbox.image&v_t=enus-mh-1_-aol-ws-na-dt&imgsz=&imgtype=&imgc=&q=Gibson+1984+SG

CB

Looks like you've hit the spot. [thumbup]

Yes, CB most likely hit it.

Curious - Plagueskill - is there a volute? . . Or am I seeing just reflected light there on the back of the neck?