Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MissouriPicker

Move Along With it All---new song

Off work today and tomorrow. Been playing guitar and was in the mood to record something. This is a newer song. Think I finished it 3-4 weeks ago......"Move Along With it All."

Thanks for listening.

Very nice, especially love the chorus - reminds me of that John Prine sound.

I agree--Larry, this one has a great sound, a timeless one even. I enjoyed it very much. (Been a good "new song" day, eh? [biggrin] )

Great fun... keep it up, sir.

Thanks for the kind words.

BTW, which Prine song are you thinking of? I listen to lots of Prine's gentler stuff, along with the gentle stuff by Cash, Townes, Tyson, Lightfoot, etc....anyone I find to be "folksy." Any similarities with any of them is a real compliment to me...lol.... [thumbup] I'm sure after all these years that my train-of-thought is geared to their styles even when I'm not thinking of them....Makes me think of Kris Kristofferson talking about how he'd go to the big jams as Cash's house where people like Harlan Howard, Peter-Paul & Mary, Joan Baez, Willie Nelson, Chet Atkins, Crosby-Stills & Nash, George Jones, Waylon Jennings, Dolly Parton, Bob Dylan, etc would sit and swap old and new songs, and how everyone was writing down lines they'd heard in a song. I guess one would have to be pretty stupid not to...lol...Ohhh, I'd give anything just to have been a fly on the wall at one of those jams.

Larry,

Just returned home and enjoyed listening to another great MissouriPicker folk tune [thumbup] Keep on a pickin' and keep on a writin', bro. Love your stuff and the message in this song, in particular.

Ya ever get down around these parts, lets get together and do some picking on the front porch...