Gibson Brands Forums

Fill me in...

SugarBear

1331859390[/url]' post='1150973']

Ok, I've been out of the loop on what's happening with Gibsons wood problems...last new Gibson I bought was a 2003 '58 reissue with Brazilian rosewood so it's been a while.

Whats the verdict on the new fingerboards? From what I've seen (I have yet to demo any yet)...

Richlite - looks ok but who knows how well this stuff will hold up.

Baked maple - terrible name...maple burnt to look like rosewood. No offense to anyone that has one, but some of these Classic Custom models look like Chinese Les Paul Custom knock-offs! I'd prefer some raw maple neck and board models rather than this stuff.

Layered rosewood - ? What kind of rosewood is this and are both layers the same or is the one we can't see some other material? I'm not against this idea I just wish there was more info. Anyone have more details on this one?

Rawk on...

Try some of these replacement materials that many manufacturers have chosen as a sustainable solution. I personally find them to be well suited for frentboard applications. The Obeche, for example, used on the LP Junior's FB that I own so far I find to be be very suitable. I have faith in Gibson that if any issues develop with the use of their alternative wood, that they'll make it right for the original owers.

av-41666.png<---------------Troll

Obviously.

No one could possibly be that stupid in real life and survive a week.

SB has managed to accumulate, from 21 posts, a rating of -21.

Leave the idiot alone. Please. It's just pulling your chains.

The more you feed it...

P.

Guest SuperMod

Again...not a troll. Isn't harassment against the rules here? Mods?

Yes it is, and so is trolling in case anyone is considering it. Thread locked, and negative voting is disabled for the time being due to recent abuse, including that in this thread.

Archived