Gibson Brands Forums

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

ksdaddy

On 4/12/2021 at 6:20 PM, Greg52 said:

Hello I’m Greg from Ohio. I have a J45, a J200, and a Hummingbird. My son borrowed the J45 a year ago so it may no longer be mine.  Hi everyone!!!

Hi - hope you'll it enjoy here. Members got lots of brains and heart for the old G- brand.                                                                                                                                                                                    We discuss, wonder, show and share - so just chime in. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 7:20 AM, Greg52 said:

Yeah, lost all my instruments in a wildfire in California. Slowly doing a rebuild now. 

That's horrible.... I lost all my instruments many years ago....but not in a wildfire..... due to stupidity...... been building them back for the last 50 years!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks in a long haul trucker and the unofficial unchallenged king of earth2.io I love acoustic guitars for me the j45 does it. Got a new one Gibson decided to screw my love without my permission kinnda mad but the guitar is flawless other than a strap screw on the bottom of the heel:( Gibson dont screw peoples girls unless they tell you lolol

• 1 month later...

Ive already done this in the main introducing  thread, but I'll do this again here on the Acoustic side, which is where I'll be spending most of my time. 

Hello to you all!

I've been playing over 50 years and am a recently retired elementary school music teacher and a gigging musician (still) .  I've never owned a Gibson, though have always wanted one...

I'm awaiting a new (used) Gibson L-00 Studio Walnutburst, so I figured I'd join up here.  Look forward to learning some new things about Gibson acoustics and talking with you!

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy! I am MontanaMusicGuy, I have an older Gibson tenor banjo that belonged to my wife's grandfather. I play guitar, banjo and mando but unfortunately do not have any other Gibson instruments.  I will post some pictures of the tenor banjo to see if you all can tell me more about it.

Love to play music around the fire! Hope you all are enjoying the summer!

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks, I'm Egoidealmusic, also known as Adam.  I've got a wall full of old and older beat up Epiphones (because I couldn't afford a Gibson except for the really rough Gibson classical I got for 50 bucks at a garage sale until recently but I liked having many different guitars).  Was a punk/hardcore kid for years until I got bored with that and got my first acoustic.  Haven't looked back since.  All of those were rescues that I've fixed up myself over the years (upgrading saddles and nuts myself, etc, learning how to do basic setups).  Only one bought newer is a black  EL-00 which I got because I wanted a smaller body guitar (and is really nice to play once I did some upgrades).  The Gibson 50's J (the never one, which as some know had to be sent to the shop) will be uploaded upon her glorious return.

On 5/4/2021 at 12:14 AM, Asphaltcowboy said:

Hey folks in a long haul trucker and the unofficial unchallenged king of earth2.io I love acoustic guitars for me the j45 does it. Got a new one Gibson decided to screw my love without my permission kinnda mad but the guitar is flawless other than a strap screw on the bottom of the heel:( Gibson dont screw peoples girls unless they tell you lolol

Haha I'm with you, Asphalt.  If I want a strap button on the heel I'll add it myself.  I'm the old school bootlace on the neck kind of guy, and don't like the way it hangs with the strap on the heel!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

My name's Andy from Plymouth in the UK.

Just pre ordered my new Gibson (SJ-200) and thought, hey, I need to get on the forums.

Super excited to get my hands on the new guitar and looking forward to some Gibson chit chat.

Own a few guitars but this will be my first Gibson.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey back to all new members, who introduced themselves since the spring 🌱 I sincerely hope you will enjoy it here.

Don't hesitate to comment in the threads or start your own. We got all fields and all levels of expertise here - which means some may hold high cards on certain topics and be low on others.

If you want to roll out what you believe is a new ground breaking theory, go ahead - if you just wanna show your burst, it's the same.                                                                  All a part of the charm. Feel free ~ see you 🎐

Hello all. I am new to this forum. I've been playing guitar only for myself and family for about 10-12 years and started with less expensive, imported acoustics.  They were fine guitars, but I always wanted an American made guitar to see if they were actually something special. After playing many Martins, Taylors, Gibsons, and Guilds, I decided Gibson was the sound I wanted. Guilds were second place. I started my Gibson acoustic journey with a used 2016 J15. I have since also acquired a used 2015 J185. I love them both, and yes, they are something special. I've been lurking on this forum for years, soaking up tons of knowledge and info (it was information in this forum that steered me towards a J15.)  So I finally thought I should join and give my 0.5 cents worth every once in a while. 

On 11/1/2021 at 7:04 PM, giacomo.p said:

Hi! my name is Giacomo (or James if you like) from Italy! cheers

Hi Giacomo - kool name

On 11/9/2021 at 3:02 PM, Kwlsky said:

Hello all. I am new to this forum. I've been playing guitar only for myself and family for about 10-12 years and started with less expensive, imported acoustics.  They were fine guitars, but I always wanted an American made guitar to see if they were actually something special. After playing many Martins, Taylors, Gibsons, and Guilds, I decided Gibson was the sound I wanted. Guilds were second place. I started my Gibson acoustic journey with a used 2016 J15. I have since also acquired a used 2015 J185. I love them both, and yes, they are something special. I've been lurking on this forum for years, soaking up tons of knowledge and info (it was information in this forum that steered me towards a J15.)  So I finally thought I should join and give my 0.5 cents worth every once in a while. 

Welcome to you too Kwlsky - a very good move the enter the Forum, , , , and the world of acoustic Gibsons.                                                                            Wonder on which side of the ocean you are located. . 

4 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Hi Giacomo - kool name

Welcome to you too Kwlsky - a very good move the enter the Forum, , , , and the world of acoustic Gibsons.                                                                            Wonder on which side of the ocean you are located. . 

Thank you E-minor 7! I live in the U.S. up in the -soon to be- very cold state of Maine.