Gibson Brands Forums

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

ksdaddy

Hey there,

I'm in North Florida and have loved Gibsons for as long as I can remember. New to the forum but am enjoying every visit! Here's a list of my Gibbys.

1. 1974 Les Paul Custom (20th Anniversary)
  2. 2005 Les Paul Special DC
  3. 1944 Banner LG-02
  4. 1956 J-185
  5. 1967 C1 Classical
  6. ? BN45-12 (needs a great deal of work...was given to me for free)

Hi,

I just bought a new J-45 studio, that I'm naming the "Sword" because of the awesome walnut back.  I'm posting a couple of pics, I'm so proud of this beauty.  Just wanted to say hi and share the pics. Looking forward to taking part in this forum.

IMG_0036 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0039 - Copy.JPG

• 1 month later...

Hi , new to Gibson forum. I'm on AGF, and am interested in purchasing a Gibson L-oo  standard. I've never owned a Gibson . I don't even remember playing one. I am an acoustic fingerstyle blues and ragtime player. [trying to be anyway]. any owners of this guitar here ? it is new to me and looks to be right up my alley! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good morning!

Brian here. (B.T. for forum purposes)

Reside in South Florida - not much need for humidifiers! Been lurking for quite a while. Decided to come out of the shadows just to thank you all for so many great posts!

Long time Gibson admirer, but didn't own any until about 12 years ago.  Now I don't have anything else. (Well - several various non - Gibson bass instruments. That don't count!) Absolutely love Gibson! 

Keep up the posts and info!

B.T.

• 1 month later...

I’m Honneydew, Bill.  My screen name reflects the constant “to do” lists my lovely Breyer half inundates, I mean, blesses me with.  Of course, I’d much rather spend all of my time on the porch strumming my beautiful Hummingbird! I’m 64, retired in Kentucky, two kids and Buster, our dog.  Excited to be here.

Hi, another Australian, 64 years old next week, currently have my first Gibson on order.

2020 Custom Shop Historic Series 1957 SJ-200 in Vintage Sunburst.

ETA is 4 to 6 months, maybe more!

Always wanted a good SJ-200 but they are not easy to find here and something always seemed to get in the way - but this time the stars just seemed to line up.

My current guitar collection includes - Guild F-412 - Martin Grand J12-40E Special - Martin JDP II - Epiphone EJ-200 - Alvarez ABT-60 - Huss & Dalton MJ Custom and a Rickenbacker 4003.

The maple Huss & Dalton is a superb finger-style and good strummer, I'm hoping my new SJ-200 will be a superb strummer and good finger-style!

On 3/8/2020 at 6:07 PM, Brucebubs said:

Hi, another Australian, 64 years old next week, currently have my first Gibson on order.

2020 Custom Shop Historic Series 1957 SJ-200 in Vintage Sunburst.

ETA is 4 to 6 months, maybe more!

Always wanted a good SJ-200 but they are not easy to find here and something always seemed to get in the way - but this time the stars just seemed to line up.

My current guitar collection includes - Guild F-412 - Martin Grand J12-40E Special - Martin JDP II - Epiphone EJ-200 - Alvarez ABT-60 - Huss & Dalton MJ Custom and a Rickenbacker 4003.

The maple Huss & Dalton is a superb finger-style and good strummer, I'm hoping my new SJ-200 will be a superb strummer and good finger-style!

Welcome Aboard!   You might want to go look in the Acoustic sub-forum at a recent post started by Juan Carlos Vejar on the SJ200:  A video clip and good discussion.  I love mine, have had it for nearly 12 years now.   I commend you on your tenacity and patience -  ordering a Gibson knowing you'll have to wait as much as 6 months for it!  I had a 6 week wait for a Deering banjo earlier this year and was climbing the walls.   Let us know - over on the Acoustic Forum - when your New Guitar Day (NGD) occurs. We live vicariously at times!    Jim 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

Name is Andy and I am originally from Kalamazoo, MI but live in Arizona. My wife decided that I needed a new guitar for Christmas last year and picked up a Gibson J-15 in Walnut burst. I have been enjoying playing it quite a bit. Will be adding a 60's Kalamazoo guitar to the lineup shortly as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2012 at 4:51 AM, ksdaddy said:

By request, here's a place to introduce yourself to the Gibson acoustic forum members....

Though I've been a Gibson owner for 36 years, I've only become a Gibson acoustic owner this last year after my father's passing. He bought his Hummingbird back in '72. I'll have it to my dying day as well. 

Is this the same ksdaddy from OFC?

IMG_5783.thumb.jpg.db91cab1012780740cbfb6a1ededbd1f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi back to all who introduced themselves here in recent times. We need to hear more from you down on the pages. 
Stay logged in and have fun. Tell about your guitars and guitar-dreams, thoughts and mysteries. It's necessary to to focus on something positive and uplifting these days. Acoustic 6 and 12-strings do that for us all. . 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, another Australian for the ranks. Today I picked up a 2010 J45 Standard as new, it even has the plastic on the scratch plate. Wow it really is one of the best.
I previously had a J60 nice but. Then to Martin and Ovation (still have them) but this guitar I have dreamed about for 30yrs.
It's great having this resource for experience and advise moving forward. Other Gibson guitars; Les Paul, SG

J45.jpg

On 5/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, Austrum said:

Hi All, another Australian for the ranks. Today I picked up a 2010 J45 Standard as new, it even has the plastic on the scratch plate. Wow it really is one of the best.
I previously had a J60 nice but. Then to Martin and Ovation (still have them) but this guitar I have dreamed about for 30yrs.
It's great having this resource for experience and advise moving forward. Other Gibson guitars; Les Paul, SG

J45.jpg

Hey Austrum and welcome to the acoustic orchard.

I have a 2010 Std. as well which also came with plast over the guard. Asked my girl friend to remove it while it went down on film.  A little ritual there.

The guitar is very good, but had some compression in the beginning. Has now opened up. It's fat, kind of earthy and bass-heavy. About the most monstrous J-45 I've played.  

Why not start a thread that presents yours. 
Stay safe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Im Bugy from Indonesia, very new to the forum

just got my 2019 J-45 Std, my first gibson, and i really love it 

Nice to meet you all, looking forward to taking part in this forum,

Stay safe everybody, CHEERS!

j45.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...