Gibson Brands Forums
ksdaddy

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

On 7/6/2020 at 7:43 PM, Curt12355 said:

Hello everyone, my name is Walter Moore live in North Carolina I work on and restore guitars I am a retired wood worker.

Getting into guitars and playing pool, snooker and billiards a bit later in life has been a catalyst for another new interest: wood. You'll find some very interesting discussions about the properties of different tonewoods on here, Walter.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:36 PM, TomG76 said:

Getting into guitars and playing pool, snooker and billiards a bit later in life has been a catalyst for another new interest: wood. You'll find some very interesting discussions about the properties of different tonewoods on here, Walter.

Hi Walter - welcome to the forest of tonewoods and much much more. . 
After 15 posts of which 2 must hit bulls eye you will be regarded as one of Robin Hood's merry brave men. 

Hi everyone, great to shoot the bull with my fellow musicians,  I am an older country boy (SC) and music has been my passion most of my life. I am 61 and been playing since about 13 or so.   I recently had two years where I could not play at all and only after a year of PT was I able to make a fist (Ruptured tendons on my middle and ring fingers and a tendon harvested from my pointer to repair everything) and start using my fingers once again.  I am at about 60% of where i use to be and getting my fret hand back little by little. I am so very grateful and happy to be able to play again. While I may not ever be able to play like I used to but I can still do it and getting stronger and better every day. I just wanted to say hi. Most of my experience has been in electrics but the down time  and playing alone has made me an acoustic fan too. I look forward to many fun conversations with any and all.

7 hours ago, 12MoreGuitars said:

Hi everyone, great to shoot the bull with my fellow musicians,  I am an older country boy (SC) and music has been my passion most of my life. I am 61 and been playing since about 13 or so.   I recently had two years where I could not play at all and only after a year of PT was I able to make a fist (Ruptured tendons on my middle and ring fingers and a tendon harvested from my pointer to repair everything) and start using my fingers once again.  I am at about 60% of where i use to be and getting my fret hand back little by little. I am so very grateful and happy to be able to play again. While I may not ever be able to play like I used to but I can still do it and getting stronger and better every day. I just wanted to say hi. Most of my experience has been in electrics but the down time  and playing alone has made me an acoustic fan too. I look forward to many fun conversations with any and all.

Great to hear you're back in the saddle and enjoy the forum.

Hi, greetings from Ireland. Am the proud owner of a 2013 Gibson Advanced Jumbo Red Spruce (bought as new old stock in Dublin in 2018). Super guitar and a real keeper. Have loved Gibson acoustics since I was in college and it really is magical. They really do live up to the hype! Kevin

• Like 1

Hi kevin from Ireland. Wow that does sound like a keeper. I looked and played the AJ. If I had not already had a rosewood guitar with the long scale, I might have chosen one. I ended up with a southern jumbo.no regrets but still If I hand around long enough... congratulations on your AJ.

Just wanted to say I have a '42  j45 my father bought new after his stay in the army, also a ,47 j45 my mother purchased new when she married dad.  The 42 does not have the banner (early 42 models did not have it), also neither have fon #.  I just had both guitars to Lay's in Akron ,oh (used to have Gibson factory warranty repair contract) for some braces re-glued. Seems there is a bacteria that eats hyde glue . Have also a '78 j50 dad bought new. These guitars R all in great shape but the 42 sounds so much richer in tone.  Probably going to sell all three as one lot soon as I get time to take and post pictures --- thanks for reading

I have been on the forum for a few years, mostly posted in the Epiphone section.  I have a couple Masterbilts I am fond of.  I have an old beat up J40 from about 1972 and a brand new J45 studio.   And several other good playing acoustics a Martin, a Taylor and a Seagull M6 among them.

I play mostly in Church and up until this year played a monthly nursing home gig.  I'm a hack player but have a good time with it.