Gibson Brands Forums

SCS 4DJ Feature Request

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can already do this, 1)verify the version that you are using by going to "System/SCS4DJSettings/About SCS4dj/ Verify that you are using V2.1 2) if you are not then please visit this link to dow

hi, im possibly a bit old school, and have only recently bought the device but being a dj that comes from a long back ground of 24 years when we used to lug boxes of records around, im very happy with

This is actually a good thing since the user then knows that the unit is not yet completely shut down. Unplugging the power cord while the unit is shutting down its processes might do damage on the us

Posted Images

Would be nice if you could add any png/jpg/gif to your usb media, in the root, with some specific name, that if it's present is used as the image for mp3's with no ID3 image. Wouldn't be hard to implement I'm sure, and would be a neat little way of personalising your unit.

Hi Guys,

Can you make it so you can connect the unit to the PC and be able to add music to the hard drive in the back without having to remove it everytime. My unit is in a flightcase and is a real pain to remove each time I want to add a couple of songs.

Cheer

Can anyone come up with a neat solution to sync'ing looped tracks, some sort of 'auto sync' or 'interval sync' that would keep loops in time as they tend to drift out quickly, especially shorter ones and require constant sync button tapping. If the unit somehow checked the sync by itself it would considerably help the workflow.msp_thumbup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all from Russia! Here some my remarks.

1) At channel A and channel B association in earphones level of a sound increases and to become illegible. It isn't convenient, at high loudness it is difficult to disassemble music.

2) It is necessary to make gain regulator.

3) It would be quite good, if stanton in the midi mode could work as the external sound device and not only as the controler, and it is simple as the sound card.

4) It is necessary to create and lay out settings for various programs (virtial dj, serrato etc.).

Thanks for attention, excuse for my English! [thumbup]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

new Owner and really happy after Update to v3.01... :D

1. I also would like the fader start function added !!!

2. Full Stripe Deck A/B in Waveform with the perfect new Cue points like in Tra_tor! [wub]

3. Stop flickering(redraw/clearing) of running/playing Deck waveform while loading opposite Deck...

Cheers

...bugs report ...later

Guest Professorbx

some way of setting the gain pleeeaaasssee:)

Autogain is built in to the system. If you want your tracks to be set to unity, set your line faders at about 7, which will give you some additional headroom. Gain control via knob will not be added.

Autogain is built in to the system. If you want your tracks to be set to unity, set your line faders at about 7, which will give you some additional headroom. Gain control via knob will not be added.

I think an option to split the main level meters so left shows A's level and right shows B's level would help a lot, at least then you could visually get an idea of how the gains are matched. Although as I've said before, I run everything through Platinum Notes to normalize and I've never had any problem, so I do recommend that for anyone having problems.

I think an option to split the main level meters so left shows A's level and right shows B's level would help a lot, at least then you could visually get an idea of how the gains are matched. Although as I've said before, I run everything through Platinum Notes to normalize and I've never had any problem, so I do recommend that for anyone having problems.

but there's a seperated LED for A level and B level, i think it's the same.. green, orange or red :)

• 2 weeks later...

can we have a copy function in util to copy files from a stick to a drive in the bay EG: copy mp3's from Drive? to Drive? Y/N

in beat grid could we have a volume edit that stores a gain level in the database?

wave form view could be like on a mac menu only the 8 beats coming are zoomed the rest of the track is the full wave view bit like zooOOOooom.

or a simplified representation like on the pioneer 1000's where the time line is that way we can see the intro's breakdowns gaps etc...

high lighted tracks already played in playlist.

Oh and if you do make a scs5dj puts some lights on it its hard to work with in the dark

cheers

post-41569-093388900 1345079835_thumb.jpg

Hi guys! I have a suggestion ... In low light is not visible to the Stanton Clavey (backlight is lit only on Playa), you can make a night mode, when all the function keys are light, including the effects, and their use flickered.

Hello,

A good feature could be to browse the library in the browse menu by hard drive...in my scs4dj..a have a couple of hard drives slapped to the back that contains older music...while newer music is always updated on separate stick that i use in several machines. the thing is that i can't access it directly and each time i insert it in the scs4dj it takes forever to analyses and stuff and still i have no way of browsing that particular stick independently.

If this could be done in way, to sort or browse by disc...it would be much easier for most dj's as in this way we can divide our tracks to each stick accordingly...as in let's 2 sticks in the back, one containing hip hop, the other one house or whatever...

One more thing: if we could add sorting options for playlists....by bpm, artist, genre etc...

I hope the idea is clear,

Please take it into consideration,

Edited by DJ-AD

Being able to lock in your preferred settings between power cycles.

Everytime I boot up the SCS4 I have to spend aboot a minute engaging the scratch buttons, turning off snap, switching to the waveform screen and engaging the hot cue function.

Its a minor annoyance,

but why not just skip that on GP and save your settings to the internal flash.

Boot and GO!

Also I'd like to be able to select to lock the scratch function on in settings.

I never use the scratch off/nudging function on the center platter (isn't that what the outer ring is for?),

and it would eliminate errors of accidentally disengaging the scratch function when holding the button down to search.

Its kind of a bummer when I'm trying to furiously juggle to another part of the song,

and then when I get to my cue at the last second it floats away because the scratch button disengaged.

(I also still think being able to search with the outer ring turntable style would be fastest and best.)

Great machine though.

The best IMO.

I really don't see why anyone would need CDJ's anymore.

And you'd have to have 2-3,000 dollars worth of laptop and controller rig to get it to respond as quickly as this machine does for a scratch DJ.

I'd like to see a battle between the SCS4 and that numark mixdeck!

With the SCS4's unique toolbox of performance innovations,

and especially the wave form screen,

I think that mixdeck would get smoked!

Being able to lock in your preferred settings between power cycles.

Everytime I boot up the SCS4 I have to spend aboot a minute engaging the scratch buttons, turning off snap, switching to the waveform screen and engaging the hot cue function. Its a minor annoyance, but why not just skip that on GP and save your settings to the internal flash.

Boot and GO!

+1

I was also going to suggest this, being able to save a preferred setup would be great. Would be nice if you could save multiple setups by name, and then select a default one to load on booting. So for example you could have a scratching setup with the fader set to a sharp cut and slow platter start/stop etc, and a standard mixing setup with fader set to slow transition with quick start/stop, and be able to switch between with just one setting change, whilst also choosing one as default, to be loaded on boot.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine today, some things I hoped it would feature and maybe could.

1. More zoom options. Once I got it mixed I would like to be able to zoom out to get a better picture of the track, kinda like on the home page but without switching.

or have an image of the waveform instead of the basic line for track progression.

2. Key search, or somehow add key to the quick grid analysis.

3. Sort by folder, I came from using VDJ to this and keep all my music in folders, i dont use playlists or itunes/songbird. so it has been a real pain going though all my music on the 4DJ.

4. Improved fastforwad/rewind. I am still new to the unit but im having a hard time getting to points in my tracks. not sure if im doing something wrong but i dold the scratch button and spin the platter and it should quick advance or rewind right?

5. more effects, I know they have hard buttons but more could be added through software and launched via an exiting effect button or a screen button

thanks

4. Improved fastforwad/rewind. I am still new to the unit but im having a hard time getting to points in my tracks. not sure if im doing something wrong but i dold the scratch button and spin the platter and it should quick advance or rewind right?

Sorry to double post but im really confused about this, its keeping me from mixing, i dont know how to fast forward or rewind. im using 3.01, im sure its something simple im just not getting it.

Thanks for any help.

Guest Professorbx

Sorry to double post but im really confused about this, its keeping me from mixing, i dont know how to fast forward or rewind. im using 3.01, im sure its something simple im just not getting it.

Thanks for any help.

Yes. If you hold down the 'Scratch' button and then use the jog wheel while holding down the button, it gives you fast forward/rewind.