Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

Dub-T-123

The funny thing is that I did in fact have a Deluxe Memory Man first when they came out in the early 80s,it was the only Electro Harmonix pedal that I ever had trouble with.The dealer I bought it from sent it back to Mike Matthews for repair or replacement but unfortunately this was around the time that his first incarnation of the company went under and I never did get the pedal back so the store owner applied the value of that pedal towards the purchase of a new Ibanez DM 1000 Digital Delay which is probably the best D.D. ever made.

BTW I used to have an E H Crying Tone wah wah pedal and that was an incredible pedal,it had 4 wah settings: one like the Vox,one like the Cry Baby and the other 2 were just very different from anything else on the market at that time.You could also flick a switch to get a backwards wah function or just use it as a volume pedal.Sadly I got rid of it when I traded it and a set of amplified guitar practice headphones for a Vox Phantom XII which isn't too bad a swap because the gutar is worth over $2000 today as opposed to about $400 for a mint Crying Tone pedal.Last year I put an ad in the local Buy & Sell magazine explaining what happened to the pedal and asking if anyone knew of its whereabouts or of one like it.I'm pretty sure that it was the only one in the province because at the timeonly one store in the province was bringing EH gear and the other dealers had to go through them and they told methat mine wastheonly one they had ordered.They weren't cheap for that time as they were about $150 which was a pretty big chunk of money for a pedal back then.

That's a shame man. I'm sure that Ibanez rocks but there's no way it's as good as a prime DMM.

Did you see that EHX is making a new version of the Crying Tone? I'd rather have the old version, but the new one will probably be cool too. Vox Phantom? Dayumm. You've got some of my dream gear man.

Here's my pedalboard.. Pretty sloppy looking, but ******* amazing sounding!

photo-735.jpg

It's gotta be the best lineup I've ever had

Archived