Gibson Brands Forums

How many Gibsons do you currently have????

onewilyfool

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current list stands at:

L-1 archtop (1911)

F-2 mandolin (1911)

L-1 acoustic(1926)

TG-1 tenor (1929)

L-00 acoustic (1939)

BR-4 lap steel (1946)

ES-330 electric (1965)

ES-355 electric (1979)

I've owned others, but these are the keepers.

Current list stands at:

L-1 archtop (1911)

F-2 mandolin (1911)

L-1 acoustic(1926)

TG-1 tenor (1929)

L-00 acoustic (1939)

BR-4 lap steel (1946)

ES-330 electric (1965)

ES-355 electric (1979)

I've owned others, but these are the keepers.

That's what I would call an eclectic assortment of instruments. All you need is a banjo to round it out.

BK-777 = Gibson 7!

I have some new photos but I have used up my photo allowance for the Forum on something or other and cannot add any more pics....

So does this mean I have to go through all my old posts and delete pics to make room?

BluesKing777.

Go to the forum feedback section and read the pinned thread on how to post photos. You need to use a hosting site like photobucket, then copy the photos to your post here. It's pretty easy to do.

Somehow I managed (and am blessed) to have FIVE beautiful Gibson's. Like children, I love them all equally!!....lol....All VERY different, and very cool and different sounding. I have the following:

1. 1923 L-2

2. 1947 L-7

3. 1953 CF-100

4. 1994 L-20

5. 2005 J-45

What does your stable look like??

I can add a J-200 Koa to the mix(2001) ....Somebody STOP ME!!!

So......

You are sitting polishing your Gibsons with that stupid look on your face and the phone rings - RadioEXXXY55577778 or such want you there with your guitar in FIVE: which Gibson do you grab?

OR

You are sitting polishing your Gibsons with that stupid look on your face and the phone rings - SO&SO LIVE TV ENTERTAINMENT XPRESS or such want you there with your guitar in FIVE: which Gibson do you grab?

BluesKing777.

So......

You are sitting polishing your Gibsons with that stupid look on your face and the phone rings - RadioEXXXY55577778 or such want you there with your guitar in FIVE: which Gibson do you grab?

OR

You are sitting polishing your Gibsons with that stupid look on your face and the phone rings - SO&SO LIVE TV ENTERTAINMENT XPRESS or such want you there with your guitar in FIVE: which Gibson do you grab?

BluesKing777.

My 'go to' guitar is always my Dove. The DIF and Hummingbird don't go anywhere they can get 'nicked', (sorry Nick.... YOU can play them anytime you come over).

My 'go to' guitar is always my Dove. The DIF and Hummingbird don't go anywhere they can get 'nicked', (sorry Nick.... YOU can play them anytime you come over).

I noticed you carry that Jubilee with you when you travel, or did you have your "good" guitars stashed away in the motorhome? The great thing about that Jubilee is that it sounds good, and you can play the heck of it without guilt.

I noticed you carry that Jubilee with you when you travel, or did you have your "good" guitars stashed away in the motorhome? The great thing about that Jubilee is that it sounds good, and you can play the heck of it without guilt.

Nick...the Jubilee is my 'beater'...so if we're going camping... or somewhere where drunks can break a guitar..... my 'go to' would be the Jubilee.... the problem with it is that it can't compete with the Dreds for volume.

If I 'nick' the Dove, no big deal....but don't want to mar the other two before I present them to my grandkids.

One day when you're in town with your boss, (you know I drove him to the opera once?), you can come over and we'll play ALL the guitars!

hmm, think I'd rather get the enjoyment out of them myself whilst on this earthly plane... Do they play or likely to eBay them?

I do play them..... just not 'out'.

Here they are:

As far as what the grandkids will do with them...I don't know...they haven't been born yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbbSuWD4Iac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lccZ4K6Iklo

Archived